Home Forums The Gaming Room JAWS The Boardgame

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Universal Head 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    briscoe999
    Participant

I just picked this game up. I believe it is only available right now at Target retail stores (possibly only in the USA). I think it will be released to the general public sometime in August/September.

I will just say if you love the movie JAWS – pick this game up!!!

The game oozes theme and really ties in alot of stuff from the first movie.

It has two “Acts” that can be played separately, but also work great together playing ACT 1 and 2 as one game.

You’re going to need a bigger boat!!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Really? Looked a bit basic to me. But fun?

briscoe999
    Participant

I will admit it is “fairly” basic – but very fun!! (And not expensive at all)

What really did it for me is they wrapped the theme of the movie into the game very well (the Amity event cards, the abilities of Brody, Hooper and Quint in Act 1, etc.).

Act 1 is a hidden movement game between the shark and the humans. Act 2 does a great job keeping the human players in suspense as the shark is systematically ripping apart the boat (and chomping on the humans if they fall overboard). I really got “into” the game when playing it.

For a “mainstream” boardgame release – this one is pretty good; especially if you are a fan of the movie.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ll see if I can find it at a good price. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.