Home Forums The Gaming Room Joan of Arc

This topic contains 26 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Grifter Grifter 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Universal Head
    Keymaster

Looks good to me!

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

@Universal Head: I watched your Let’s Play of Joan of Arc. Thanks for that!

One central thing that is very unclear in the rules and has only been clarified in the FAQ is that “commanded” units cannot take part in the current activation if moved into the activated area. I.e. you can can’t command a unit to move into your area and then move it out with the Move action (or attack with it). From the FAQ:

Can a unit benefit from an Order placed in an area if it unit is brought into the activated area by a Command action?

Answer: No, it cannot. A Command happens before or after a unit’s ACTION, not before its activation. Hence, if a unit moves into an area containing an Order, then the unit won’t be able to be activated by that Order. The Order has already been given for this area.

Might be a nice thing to mention on the Rules summary too!

Interested in any more comments on what you played wrong? 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Sure, bring ’em on. You know us, we get rules wrong all the time!

I had a vague feeling we might be getting the command rules a bit wrong. Better luck next time!

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

If one game will make you get the rules wrong, it’s this one! 😀 We played many things wrong in our first games as well (and probably still do). That said, this is what I noticed:

– range for shooting attacks (both direct and indirect) is in hexes, not in areas. Yes, those archers on a hill can shoot far!
    – civilians leave the map once you’ve talked to them.
    – cavalry units can move two areas and still attack with a charge order.
    – you played the “Heavy bombard” intrigue option for the English correct, though the rules actually say you can use intrigue options only on your own turn (unless otherwise stated), which would make the bombard useless. See here. Just to clarify because we agonized over this for a while. 😀

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Thanks Ralf! Do you mind if I copy all that over to YouTube?

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Go ahead!

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

What I wanted to ask: What do you use to texturize your bases? I found my usual method of using bird sand and static grass to not match the 15mm scale and switched to using a Vallejo texture paste instead.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I use the Games Workshop Astrogranite and Astrogranite Debris. Perfect.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Yeah, it looks good.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Those minis look really great UH…your painting output is just crazy 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Anyone on board with 1.5 on KS?

Brent
    Participant

I am.

I am still really enjoying the game, despite the few warts (which I think they will address).

Peace

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.