Home Forums The Kitchen Joan of Arc

This topic contains 44 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Soulsorcerer Soulsorcerer 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 45 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

Mythic has a new KS that’s already double funded… Joan of Arc.

Not sure what to make of it really. Looks interesting, but 15 mm scale and beyond my painting skills.

And the dragon is an addon (in a bundle) which adds $65 to the base pledge ($120). Inevitably it will be a multiple hundreds project with the addons.

http://Www.kickstarter.com/projects/1162110258/time-of-legends-joan-of-arc/description

8th
    Participant

Think I talked myself out of this one.

Hard to take a game seriously when the English are the bad guys and french are good guys being led by a crazy teenager that thinks god is talking to her.

Wonder if they’ll do a mini Joan being burned at the stake….

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Yeah, the gameplay might be interesting, but it doesn’t draw me enough to participate in the KS campaign. I know someone here at the local game store who does though, so perhaps I’ll get to play it eventually.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

I will keep an eye on it…but likely pass….too many projects already. The Dragon looks great though!

Noticable…Mythic has anounced for their other two games..Conan and Mythic Battles Pantheon…that they will most likely be KS exclusiv!!! So no retail!!! Could be happening here too! Reason seems to be the high price with a publisher share added. Reminds me off the old FFG Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition problem where every one in the market said that no one would pay such a high price for a game…and it became the foundation of FFG and their focus on quality components today 🙂

8th
    Participant

I find it interesting that it is Mythic, not Monolith, producing the game.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Great promotional video! I have to say, this really appeals to me. I like the mix of historical and fantasy (reminds me of BattleLore 1st Edition), I like the change of scale, and I love the hex board with the 3D elements. I haven’t backed anything for a while so I think I’m going to get behind this one. The only thing that really annoys me is the extra $35 to ship to NZ from Australia. That’s rough.

8th
    Participant

It’s still a hard sell to me… I don’t know anyone that would want to play the french which makes 25% of the game useless. Personally I think they should have gone more fantasy for wider appeal.

And painting so many miniatures would be tedious and difficult.

Expensive too when the scale reduces the amount of plastic used. Half the size should mean 1/8 the volume (but bases throws that maths out).

Might be a different story if the dragon was a stretch goal instead of an addon. Speaking of which… I expect addons to crank the price up by $400 by the end of the campaign.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I don’t understand – why would anyone object to playing the French?

There is a lot to paint, but with the smaller scale you could adopt a batch painting strategy that would speed things up – I’ve painted many figures in BattleLore scale pretty quickly. Personally I like the smaller scale as you can get more minis on the table and play larger scale battles.

As for add-ons … well, you don’t have to buy them.

8th
    Participant

Not playing the french is an English thing.

We don’t regard them as very heroic as they tend to surrender when germans turn up… offering them wine, cheese and prostitutes… at least that’s what Allo Allo depicts them as and that’s fact based… isn’t it?

briscoe999
    Participant

@The8thPagan – Us Americans kind of think that about the French as well…LOL (I did alot of reading about WW 2 history). Even so, I am intrigued about this game. I hope they do a more detailed playthrough, as the smaller scale is cool; and like UH said – you do get to have many more minis on the table!!

I am keeping a close eye on this one…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I assume you’re both having a larf but 8thPagan did sound quite serious in his initial post! 🙂

8th
    Participant

Which particular post did you think I was serious about?

And don’t you make fun of your neighbours?

Don’t Aussies make the same jokes about New Zealanders and sheep that the English do about the Welsh?

There’s a thin line between banter and racism that is often crossed. If you think it’s been crossed, you can always delete the post and ask us to be nice.

And there’s an element of truth in the comment regarding no one wanting to play the french. It’s more fun playing a faction that you like. I own the Cryx in Warmachine, but prefer the more human units like Satyxis than the undead, but I’d play them if necessary. Same with the french.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.