Home Forums The Kitchen Joan of Arc

This topic contains 44 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Soulsorcerer Soulsorcerer 6 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I don’t know anyone that would want to play the french which makes 25% of the game useless. Personally I think they should have gone more fantasy for wider appeal.

Sorry mate, I thought you were serious and had some strangely exclusive gaming friends! 🙂

Talking only about the Aus-NZ experience, but I don’t really engage in the dying gasps of what passes for NZ-Australia ‘banter’ – I’ve found it just consists, on both sides, of the same tired old unfunny jokes I’ve been hearing since I was a kid! Luckily it seems to have died out somewhat over the years, but now and again I meet some old fart who tries to resurrect an old sheep joke or rugby score dig or whatever. Yawn!

I don’t find any of it racist at all, just old-fashioned! 🙂

(Not knocking your post I hasten to add, only ruminating about old cultural jokes and divides and how, hopefully, they’re slowly dying out.)

The8thPagan
    Participant

I work with a lot of people and in that environment and there’s a lot of banter with regard to race, ethnicity… we even have ginger people.

It just in fun, but the English humour doesn’t always get taken well. We had a Canadian once and wound him up by calling him American 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I learnt somewhere (when I was travelling) you should always say “are you Canadian?” if you aren’t sure. An American won’t be particularly offended and a Canadian will be really impressed. Not so much if you assume they’re American!

The8thPagan
    Participant

We are drifting seriously off topic…

So… back to the beginning… still not convinced by Joan of Arc.

Something about it feels off and I prefer smaller scale battles now. And if I get desperate for a larger battle… one my friends has a lot of Tide of Iron stuff.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

After way to many KS…spending waaaaay to many money…if I find one intresting I will look at the value at the last day or so and then decide if its worth it or not..including shipping. That rules out most small KS because of the expensive shipping and most get deleted after the initial “hype” is gone and reason gets to be heared a beit more clear. 😛

For this one…in 2 weeks is the big show “Spiel” in Essen that will soak up some money…beginning with just getting there…so it will also depend on what I will spent there if this is still affordable 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yeah, the high shipping to NZ sucks. It seems to be getting worse and worse with every KS I back.

dcm
    Participant

Decided to catch up on EOG forum posts today and now I’m about to drop cash on this one. This looks original and a lot of fun. I too love how it mixes history & myth.

Thanks for posting this

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Wow, they’re really going crazy with the add-ons in this campaign. There are going to be some difficult decisions come Pledge manager time!

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Near a million and still 2 weeks….crazy 🙂

The8thPagan
    Participant

@UH… they went crazy for addons in Mythic Battles: Pantheon if you recall. The ‘all in’ was about $500 I think.

I did a rough estimate of the shelf space required for the whole thing and quickly rejected the ‘all in’… not to mention the cash investment…

Seems my estimate of shelf space was pretty damn close, given the picture they released in the latest update of the boxes stacked. The bottom two boxes are the core game and stretch goals…

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/018/913/576/ec07417272d2cb3c1847508a1a0adc3c_original.jpg?w=639&fit=max&v=1508946748&auto=format&q=92&s=a7f4801a0335a2d84666ee5e6811094b

Universal Head
    Keymaster

No game is that good. 🙂

The8thPagan
    Participant

I’m happy with just the core game, stretch goals and compendium.

However, they did say that the RPG was going to retail and I may pick that up, but I wasn’t prepared to commit to a new RPG when I had so little information on game mechanics.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.