Home Forums The Kitchen Joan of Arc

This topic contains 46 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Universal Head 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    8th
    Participant

Still look at Joan of Arc occasionally. It almost tempts me. Think I need to see more gameplay.

And no way I’d be spending piles of money on it. The only addons that vaguely interest me are Siege and Legendary Battles.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

They’re certainly throwing in heaps of stretch goals and add-ons. It’s all tempting, but the total price quickly got to insane level. There’s definitely some stuff there that I’ll have to get though …

8th
    Participant

Just been watching another game with beasts of war and thingy (the french bloke from Mythic).

Looks a bit slow and fiddly to me. I know they’re learning the game, but it was a lot of fidgeting with cubes to move stuff and attack. Seemed a bit tedious.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I hate to bag out Beasts of War, they do a lot of sterling work – but their battle reports to tend to suck the fun out of a game. I’ve never been able to sit through an entire one.

8th
    Participant

I tend to skip through gameplay videos a lot (not just beasts of war), especially when they’re learning the rules as they go, but I do find them useful to give an insight that you can’t get from reading the rules.

Can’t deny that Joan of Arc looks good, but the resource management puts me off.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Not mine I hope! 🙂

8th
    Participant

Your gameplay videos are different, more like home videos.

You film your games and share your mistakes with the world, they’re not intended to educate.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Educate people on how crap we are at remembering rules perhaps!

8th
    Participant

Getting it wrong is part of the fun. So is failure.

Last weekend I ran Conan RPG. The dice were against the players, so many low damage rolls, partly because I told them damage wrong, but we had a good laugh.

The point of gaming is to have fun, success is secondary and rules are meant to be broken, discarded, misremembered, changed… whatever increases fun.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Couldn’t agree more.

CK Lai
    Participant

The Infinity battle reports on BoW are pretty good because you get the Corvus Belli guy (can’t remember his name) and the resident BoW Infinity expert playing the games and they are all very solid.

It’s only when Adam(?) plays and he’s doing that Dennis the Menace breaking the 4th wall thing that sucks you out of the whole thing. 😉

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Carlos is super fun…and Killian is a good sport…so those two fit well…like watching them too 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.