Home Forums The Kitchen Joan of Arc

This topic contains 46 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Universal Head 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 37 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    8th
    Participant

Although there’s a lot of stretch goals and it’s good value for money if you just take the core box… I don’t really like the gameplay.

The cube management looks boring, so I’d be buying it just for the plastic so that I could buy some more interesting battle rules.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

You’re getting me worried now, I should look more closely at the gameplay. I’ve been blinded by the plastic goodies!

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Funny enough…for me that “good value” is the thing that keeps me away…what the heck should I do with over 400 Minis for one game…I will never ever use nearly so many in my entire live 🙂

8th
    Participant

@UH… We all bet blinded by plastic at some point. I do recover sometimes and cancel my pledge before it’s too late…

To me it’s not so much the figures, but the scenery… bloody good job it’s 15mm and not 28-32 mm, otherwise I’d be buying Joan.

Could just be not my style of game, but you really should watch at least one gameplay video before the KS closes and it’s almost over.

Over 7000 people want the game… they can’t all be falling for the lure of plastic, so there must be some merit to the game.

My first impression of Wild West Exodus 2.0 was disappointment. It took an independent review to help me understand the merits of the revisions and convince me that it was worth investing in the Action/Adventure cards.

8th
    Participant

Ok… instead of watching a demo game, I watched the ‘How to play’ video which explained the river and what the cubes do.

Makes more sense now and looks more interesting.

May have to revise my decision to buy.

8th
    Participant

Last night I weakened and backed Joan of Arc…

An hour later I cancelled my pledge.

I know there is a lot of stuff in stretch goals that adds variety to the game, but still not convinced about the game.

And personally, I’m getting sick of KS being used as a preorder system where you buy the game and several years worth of expansions in one go.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@The8thPagan What review did you see for WWX 2.0?

8th
    Participant
    Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Ah…thx. Will look at it.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

My Joan of Arc pledge arrived today in a huuuge box. Base game + Dragon….could not pass that up. Anyone backed too and has their stuff? I have issues with the wings of the Dragon. The details of large areas are nearly non existing 🙁 Waiting on a response from Mythic.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I backed but haven’t got it yet. I sure hope the game justifies the insane amount of postage I had to pay, and I didn’t even get the dragon!

Viewing 11 posts - 37 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.