Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 109 through 120 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Pretty much!

Participant

Bit skinny for Brian, but I do see hawkmen there.

And I meant ‘root of all evil’….

Participant

Widowers Wood just got silly.

There is a premium version with wooden box for storage and q-workshop dice which is $110 more than the deluxe version at $140 for the game and expansion.

Now they’ve announced the ‘Luxury version’ which adds a fancy wooden dice tray…. and that is $500 more at $750….

Seriously… $500 for a dice tray…

And already two suckers have bought it.

Keymaster

Madness.

KentKent
    Participant

You could seriously get 6-7 good games for the price of that special edition Widowers Wood… Or make a mortage payment!

Participant

Wow. Someone actually bought, assembled and played Deathwatch locally.

Given the extremely weak state of our currency, that’s a seriously hefty investment!

https://www.facebook.com/628366307226741/photos/a.648511978545507.1073741830.628366307226741/1092426707487363/?type=3&theater

Participant

Rum & Bones 2 on Kickstarter. Early birds were gone in seconds as usual with a CMON game.

I’m watching, but not sure if I’m interested enough to back it.

Anyone played Rum & Bones and can advise on gameplay?

Keymaster

I’ve played it a few times and it’s a fun dicechucker. But I reckon they’re running this too soon after the original campaign. And I’m annoyed at seeing games get updated and modified so soon after their initial release. Get the damn game right the first time, don’t use the customers as beta testers. I mean, the whole game has changed to alternating activation in this new version.

And not offering the upgrade kit without having to pledge $100 for the new game will cause an uproar, I’m sure.

Keymaster

Right, in the comments it mentions the upgrade kit will be available at retail later.

Keymaster

And I must say, the miniatures are very nice.

Keymaster

Just watched the video explaining the game changes. They’re huge. Really, all this should have been changes made during the initial playtesting. I think it illustrates how the fast turnaround of Kickstarter campaigns is affecting the quality of the games we buy.

Of course the flipside to that argument is that the fast turnaround means we see game improvements very quickly, and with the upgrade kit you can easily upgrade your original purchase.

But personally, I’d prefer to see the playtesting done before the game is initially released. It could be argued that Rum & Bones is now the game it should have been to start with.

Interesting times…

Participant

I’ll hold off until I see what unlocks. It will no doubt be a lot. I see it’s due for January release, so factoring in the delays, that means Chinese New Year again, so March or April at least for release date.

Ghostbuster 2 up too. I was going to back that last year, but they were really ripping people off with postage overseas. Less so this year, as they seem to have multiple shipping hubs.

However, the game play was not quite there last year and all the unlocks were a bit on the dull side. They’re promising more.

And while I’m talking Ghostbusters… I hate the idea of the new movie. Original cast have cameos, but not as their original characters IIRC. When the movie launches I think I’ll watch the original on DVD instead of going to the cinema 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 109 through 120 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.