Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

You know, this is heresy, but I was never that impressed with the Ghostbusters films.

Participant

Rum & Bones: 2nd Tide looks pretty good.

I wonder if CMoN will be able to roll this out just before Xmas.

Not offering a $15 upgrade only pledge for the previous KickStarter backers is a kick in the guts for those who made the original such a success.

Keymaster

Yes, they should offer that. And they should make the upgrade kit free for backers of the first campaign backing the second campaign.

Participant

Considering the game hasn’t been out all that long the upgrade really should be free to the original backers who have paid to be betatesters.
    I wonder what sort of price drop we will start seeing for the original Rum & Bones in the shops now ?

Keymaster

Yeah, it’s all a bit weird. Kickstarter is all about the cash injection! Shame all that effort didn’t go into something new, but this will probably pay off for them yet again, so why would they change?

Participant

@Razide : “I wonder if CMoN will be able to roll this out just before Xmas.”

Depending on how many backers this KS garners. But I highly doubt it.

CMoN’s “estimates” of delivery dates seem to be pulled out of thin air. They keep using the same schedule for EVERY Kickstarter of theirs even though it’s been proven they’ve not been able to keep to that highly over-optimistic schedule.

If I’m not mistaken, about the only time CMON managed to ship a game close to its advertised date was Blood Rage, probably because it was a very tight KS, with not a lot of inflated Stretch Goals and a lower backer count.

Jack RomeoJack Romeo
    Participant

Personally I loved the Rum & Bones theme, style and minis, but the game itself wasn’t that good. It felt uneven and rather repetitive, and we’ve ended up only playing it a few times. I like what they are doing with the rules, and so I’m on board for the second season. More of the same would be an absolute no, but the new rules sounds pretty good.

Participant

@ CK Lai – I think CMoN delivered Guilds of Cadwallon fairly close to the estimate. Mind you it is only a small box game with hardly any SGs, not the same volume of stuff as Zombiecide or Rum & Bones.

Just rec’d an update on Z:BlackPlague “all the individual backer packages were already prepared in the factory, so as soon as the shipments reach our distribution hubs we’ll start shipping directly to you”. Hopefully it will turn up in the next month or two.

Also hoping CMoN can deliver The Others in July as estimated at the start of March but they have a track record of dates slipping by quarters by the next monthly update.

Rum & Bones – could be following the Zombiecide franchise season system too. “First up we have a short video explaining the changes from Season 1 to Second Tide:”

Keymaster

Season 1 my arse. Seriously, releasing a half-baked game and then later calling it ‘Season 1’ is just blowing smoke up it.

There are some worrying bad habits being accepted as the new normal in the boardgame industry in general. Marketing BS like Name of Game: Another Name of Game or this latest one: Merchants & Marauders presents: Broadsides for a game that has a pirate theme but has nothing else to do with M&M. And now when a company fixes all the gameplay flaws they should have playtested and discovered before the initial release, the now subpar original we all paid for is called ‘Season 1’ is it?

Bollocks.

I like CMON’s stuff, but the lure of easy Kickstarter dollars can easily tempt a company to go off the rails. I hope they keep their eye on quality and value.

Participant

You would think CMoN are now big enough to arrange a decent bit of play testing before unleashing their boardgame KickStarters. The short interval between the two versions of Rum & Bones implies they knew full well the original was in need of revision and polishing. At least FFG have a few years between revised versions unless there is a major stuff up in the original.

Also leads to the question of will there be a revised version of the original ? Or would they repackage those figures as expansions for the Second Tide ? It is hard to imagine they would simply chuck out the molds for the original set’s figures.

Participant

Yeah. It is sad that backers of the original game are getting such short shrift. Really makes me take a long hard look at ALL CMON Kickstarters now. Especially the game play videos to decide if I really, really, REALLY want to back the game.

An aside: did you know one of CMON’s owners is a Chinese guy from Singapore? Explains a lot why they are using the KS model to drum up profits instead of building the gaming community (koff * Wrath of Kings * koff). Doesn’t explain why shipping to Singapore/Malaysia is still so high though 🙁

Participant

I have a $1 pledge down for Rum & Bones so I get updates, but ‘Blood and Plunder’ looks more interesting.

That hits kickstarter April 19th….

http://www.firelockgames.com

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.