Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 133 through 144 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    KentKent
    Participant

I’ve been following Blood and Plunder for a couple of weeks now and have actually spoken to one of the guys via Facebook chat about it. I’ve been on the fence with it for a while now and am really just waiting to see the pricing of the whole game when it comes out on KS.

I am really resistant to back it until I can be confident that the mix of ship battles and skirmishes on land can work well together. The full-size ships are really appealing to me with the starting price of 35$ for the cheapest. That is not a bad price of the quality is good. I do enjoy the art style of the rulebook (at least of the previews they have released).

Who can resist a good pirate game??

Participant

Cmon games… There a lot to say to them. You’ve got the Zombicide franchise which are good – if you like miniature dungeon crawler. You’ve got Arcadia Quest that unless you have several party playes you will get bored because it’s always the same. (Well zombicide after the campaign is useless as well). Xenoshyft is good in terms of playing but there are a lot of great games in the same time Legendary Encounters per example.

B-Sieged is another game with good miniatures but pretty boring if playing solo or after playing two games.

Blood Rage can’t really talk but there is a lot of vibe by the gaming community.

Relic Knights & Rivet Wars & Wrath of Kings (the first is soda) but they are games that it seems that they thought lets sell a lot of minis and never think about those games. We’ll release a mini every six month just to say we are here… The videos of Order of Games were the ones that made me bought a Nasier & Goritsi kickstarter from ebay. And I Am a lonely game. But I Will pay them and someday they will see the day…

Rum & Bones – Boring little game with no story. It’s a tabletop miniatures but with tiles.

The Others: 7 Sins – GREAT minis. But the gameplay – well let us see. I think the price is worth for the minis.

One of games I am eagerly waiting from them is Chronicles of Hate. There isn’t a lot of information. I would love a tabletop miniature games like wrath of kings.

Talking about Wrath of Kings – this game could be great. There aren’t any “evil” factions. All of them are pretty different. Aquatic theme? Where did you see that in other tabletop? Pigs! Sharks! Trolls!… They could make more factions, like a winged faction from the mountains or underground faction maybe… Enfin..

Well, rambling.. I Still buy their games but they should playtest their games a little more. B-sieged even before being released had some Q&A. But that’s not so a problem of them but of Kickstarter – Dungeon Saga printed their hardback book with XX where should be a number of page to consult.

I am waiting rather anxious to play several games coming out of kickstarter that I backed.

Endure the Stars; Gloomhaven; Scythe; The 7th Continent; Lobotomy; Middara, Myth 2, The OThers and Conan. So many games, so little space :X
    I am addicted…

One of my great dissapointments was Journey: Wrath of Demons. I Backed and receive the main board but they are pretty silent for times of the expansions. 100$ there.. bah.

Participant

This appeared today.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/254891487/mythos

Cthulhu skirmish game.

Interesting.

KentKent
    Participant

I just backed this KS for a few minis. I really like the design of most of the minis but decided to be smart with my wallet and just choose a few to go for. Think I’ll use them to replace some of general models you get with the DnD board games.

Participant

Bit expensive for my taste as simple miniatures with no rules or setting.

Keymaster

I can understand the notalgia factor, but personally I like the way minis have improved over the years and have no desire to go back to the old days where their designs are concerned. 🙂

Kickstarter links seem to be putting a lot of white space in the forum post, I wonder why?

Participant

Hmm yep, Mythos looks like a very interesting Cthulhuesque game but I don’t know. I hope they unlock more factions. With rules and such could be nice and not that eXpensive.

KentKent
    Participant

UH, I’m curious as to what your issues are with the minis in the Pantheon of Chaos KS? As far as I can tell in the images they seem to have good detail and they are offered in both resin and metal.

Also, I’m not sure what caused the huge white space. I just pasted the link into the post then starting typing two lines below the link.

Keymaster

They look ike 80s retro minis to me, which is how they’re bring pitched. The somewhat naive style of early Games Workshop miniatures. A bit out of proportion and with that hand-sculpted look, a bit soft. It’s just a matter of personal taste, I’m not saying they’re bad at all!

Not your fault about the space, it’s a Kickstarter bug I think. It didn’t happen up until recently. 🙂

KentKent
    Participant

I was born a bit too late for the 80s so these minis allow me to experience that gnarly decade 😉

Keymaster

And what an excellent decade it was! Good times. 🙂

Participant

Blood and Plunder goes live on Kickstarter in about 4 hrs (9pm UK).

I may be switching my $1 from Rum & Bones to that (and more cash) if I like what I see.

Viewing 12 posts - 133 through 144 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.