Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 145 through 156 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Participant

OK. This is the weirdest dungeon crawler I’ve seen on Kickstarter (or anywhere else for that matter)…

You play in total darkness…

Up to three players with LED illuminated miniatures explore a maze created by the dungeon master who watches with night vision goggles and unleashes the monsters.

Not a game I will back, but certainly unusual.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1823954674/the-depths-of-durangrar-a-dungeon-crawlerin-the-da

Participant

Oops! Converted est wrong. Blood and Plunder up and already funded.

Participant

Dark Souls is on. It looks very interesting… Already funded in 3m. I think this game will achieve more than a million £. Lets us hope the stretch goals are cool… Dont understand why the retailers unique stretch goals…

Keymaster

That’s a clever licence to get as they get interest from the video game crowd as well. As for me, do I want another dungeoncrawler? Well, no. I finally have too many I think.

KentKent
    Participant

Blood and Plunder KS live. Looking really good and it funded almost instantly after going up. Think I might go in for a starter set. 50$ + shipping for the rulebook and 25 pewter minis. Shipping seems insane though, pretty much 40$ or more for anywhere outside the US. If you got the 115$ pledge level it has 60$ shipping…

Participant

Dark Souls has gone crazy. Almost 400K and only about 12 hours into the kickstarter. They promise stretch goals every 20K to 500K and have only revealed to 90K, so they ‘owe’ about 15 so far.

UH is right, so many dungeon crawlers already and this doesn’t look special, plus I’ve never even seen the video game on which it’s based.

Participant

As for Blood and Plunder… decided not to back it.

The miniatures look good and I’d love to get the ships, but to buy in on those would cost a small fortune…

So I’m going to my back up plan if I want a pirates game… Warmachine… Cryx Satyxsis vs Mercenary Pirates with no warcaster or warlocks… just add cannons.

Also going to drop out of Rum and Bones 2, although I was only in for $1. Realised I wanted it for the miniatures, but the plastic used by CMON will never compare to metal.

All in all… saved me a small fortune!

Keymaster

Yeah, I don’t know if there’s enough that’s distinctive about the melieu or the figures to make it a long-term gaming prospect, especially with that buy-in price. But I wish them the best of luck, it all looks very well done.

I’m pretty much anti the whole idea of R&B Second Tide, though I suppose if ou just want to get some more fun piratey figures it’s fine. However CMON seem to be being rewarded handsomely for this relaunch. They can do no wrong it seems!

KentKent
    Participant

I always begin to worry when a game company starts to get swept up in a wave of success like CMON. They have so many fans that will blindly buy anything they make without considering if it is worth purchasing. I see it happen a lot in the video game world. Quality begins to dip because they never get any negative feedback to learn from and improve. Heck, you could even argue this is what is happened with Apple and the iPhone.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

The Dark Souls game looks incredible, as a fan of the video game series. The gameplay video looks solid, and really quite evocative of the video game gameplay. Very impressed with what they’ve managed to do with the mechanics.

And it’s from the makers of Guild Ball, a project I wish I’d backed. I played a demo at a recent trade show and really liked it a lot. And the minis are quite nice. I trust this company to do right by Dark Souls.

The retailer pledge support is a move similar to the recent distribution policy change by AsmodeeNA/FFG to try to curb the deep discounting and devaluation of games by third party online sales. Many brick and mortar stores are feeling the hurt from hugely successful Kickstarter campaigns that essentially act as a preorder system for buyers, bypassing the retail channel completely. These huge games are releasing, games that would in the past be smash hits and help stores make rent, but the stores are getting cut out of that profit channel, because their customers got the game at the same time (and many times sooner) as them. The retailers associations have voiced their concerns, and the manufacturers are starting to listen. I’m encouraged by what Steam Forged is doing here. They’re making all of these stretch goals “NON-Kickstarter exclusive” but keeping some of them available through traditional retail channels only. That way, everyone can still back the project, get a great early adopter price, add on a bunch of cool stretch goals. But at the same time, there’s still a reason to go to your FLGS and buy product from them, which (in the eyes of many) helps promote and grow the game trade as a whole. I expect this to become the new norm, based on presentations at a trade show I recently attended.

RUM & BONES:
    I was pissed off as soon as I saw CMON launching a new Rum & Bones project. I mean….it’s the same game! They did it with Zombiecide, now they’re doing it again. I dunno. Maybe it’s me. I never really was drawn to the original game either.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

The Depths of Durangrar

Seriously..? Did we really need the second “R”? It’s such a crappy word to say and a horrible word to put in the title. LOL

Even the creator rolls right over it in his video.

<sigh>

Participant

Just watched the boss fight of Dark Souls and it does look different, very tactical… and deadly. Odd to show a demo where heroes are slaughtered.

That’s fine in a video game, where there are save points, but I doubt that feature exists in the board game.

Although I have a lot of dungeon games, I am a sucker for solo play and the fact that this has raised so much funding and so many stretch goals, plus it’s UK so reduced shipping, makes it tempting, but I won’t commit until I see what has been unlocked.

There’s a list of stuff, but without matching artwork revealed it is meaningless.

But more importantly, I need to see a play through of a ‘non-boss’ fight to get a better feel for it, plus the non-combat aspects of play.

Basically, a full play through is needed. And some painted miniatures would help evoke the setting.

Viewing 12 posts - 145 through 156 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.