Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 157 through 168 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    KentKent
    Participant

One of the main selling points of the Dark Souls video games is the difficulty. People seem to revel in the fact it is easy to die hundreds to thousands of times before you actually beat the game. I agree with you Pagan, I’m not so sure how it will translate that feeling to the table. Then again Dark Souls 3 (most recent video game in the series) has been out for a month and already sold more than a million copies so it has insane fan support.

Keymaster

Holey moley, there’s no way I want to play a dungeoncrawler where I have to continually mark the card with a pen and rub the spots off again! Is that for real?

Participant

It does seem to be an unforgiving game and spending stamina to attack is an odd mechanism.

I wonder if it’s more a case of fans buying it because they expect a computer game experience. Dying and then reloading from a save is a lot different than playing for a few hours only to have to start from scratch.

Interesting that it had received in 48 hours more than double Rum & Bones total for the last three weeks.

Keymaster

I’m not that impressed with the figures either, while we’re pouring the scorn on. 🙂 The 3D work looks a bit amateurish and the designs lacking in detail.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Well aren’t you all just a bunch of soggy rags…? 😉

Keymaster

We are coming across as a bit jaded aren’t we? I guess after 30 years of very samey dungeoncrawlers I’m a bit worn out with the lack of innovation. At least the combat mechanics are a little bit different in this one, I’ll give it that!

KentKent
    Participant

I think I am just getting tired of all the cash grab games based on popular IPs. Dark Souls, The Goonies, Teenage Mutant Turtles, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, etc… I really just want more creative and unique games that develop their own story and are not just trying to fit a game around a popular franchise.

Keymaster

Hear hear Kent!

Participant

I’m down for a £1 to get updates on this crazy Dark Souls ‘cash-a-thon’ and see where it goes, but if the game mechanics are as brutal as they seem, I won’t be buying it.

I like a challenge, but that looks like a TPK game more often than not.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

I totally get the dungeon crawl fatigue. I’m a bit newer to the scene so it’s not quite worn me down as bad yet. But I get it.

For me, this is shamefully 100% about the IP. I’ve been a fan of the games since the beginning and I have to own the cardboard version. Simple as that. I like what I see of the game play so far, but I can also see possibilities for “suckage.” But I’m happy to wait and see.

Participant

As I said before, I need to see gameplay for more than a single boss encounter.

I already own Castle Ravenloft, Undercity and Shadows of Brimstone. Endure the Stars, Folklore and Widower Wood are kickstarters I pledged to.

So I am dungeon crawled set for a few years. But I’m curious as how far this million pound game will go based purely on fandom and minimal information.

I suspect a few months after release they’ll be releasing ‘easy mode’ as a PDF.

KentKent
    Participant

Dark Souls already at 1.4m funding with 23 days left. Jeesh, it has a good chance of breaking 2 million…

Found this skirmish game named Darklands: Mighty Monsters.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mierceminiatures/darklands-mighty-monsters?ref=category_popular

I really like the design of some of the monsters but they are very pricey. I guess Darklands as a game has been around for a while now and this is just an expansion of the miniatures available. Anyone here play it before? The premise seems very interesting.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1901175822/xibalba-0?ref=category_recommended

Another interesting game, no miniatures involved though. Seems to be a resource management game in some alternate future with aliens. I believe the designers describe it as an “inter-apocalyptic dieselpunk world”. Talk about a mouthful…

Viewing 12 posts - 157 through 168 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.