Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 169 through 180 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Participant

They’ve posted an update on Dark Souls kickstarter that describes how the game plays out as you explore and search for the mini-boss and then main boss.

That sealed the deal for me… I’m really not interested.

Without campaign mode it seems pointless. I like a story to follow (even a simplistic one like Shadows of Brimstone) and Dark Souls is just a series of random encounters that get tougher until you die or kill ‘boss of the day’… or get bored.

Keymaster

Pretty much like the video game from what I can see ! 😉

Participant

And we now have Saltlands… “inspired” by the Mad Max movies.

Participant

Saw it. Wasn’t impressed by the components.

KentKent
    Participant

I love the Mad Max theme but I think I’ll pass on Saltlands. Every since I saw the announcement for Wasteland Express Delivery Service I have been waiting for that kickstarter.

Wasteland Express Delivery Service

Participant

Nice! When will it be available?

Keymaster

You’re right CK, I like the graphic style of Saltlands but the components shot is truly underwhelming. Make the whole thing seem a bit undercooked.

I guess this is the influence of seeing fulling developed games on KS like the CMON ones. But also I tend not to back first time publishers unless it’s really exceptional, as it can be a bit risky for my taste.

Participant

Just backed this…

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soulsprytestudios/bloodstone-frontier

Only at £20 for the rules, as I plan on recycling Shadows of Brimstone miniatures, but I do like the look of the miniatures.

And I like the simplicity of movement/range with a poker deck.

KentKent
    Participant

@CK,

It appears that I was misinformed and Wasteland Express will actually be done the good old fashion way (no Kickstarter). I’ve read through some of the blog posts on the developers website and they have teased a 2016 release. I hope it is very successful if only to prove you don’t need kickstarter cash infusions to develop games…

The developers are actually very active on BGG (boardgamegeek.com) and have been doing a series of “Wasteland Wednesday’s”. These are a series of repeating blog posts that published every week detailing the new happenings in the development.

Participant

Re: Saltlands & Wasteland Express.

I agree about the components for Saltlands, but isn’t gameplay the thing? And the components are still being revised and improved. Hopefully enough backers will give suggestions to improve and the creators will take heed. Ditto WE.

Participant

In the aftermath of Rum and Bones 2, CMON announced this for next month on KS.

http://Www.cmon.com/massive-darkness-is-coming/

Another dungeon crawler for you UH 🙂

And no doubt it will be full of little bits of plastic…

Keymaster

Must admit I like the Rackham style of the concept art …

Viewing 12 posts - 169 through 180 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.