Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 181 through 192 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think the announcement has already had an impact. Funding for Mythos dropped below 11K which is the first stretch goal. People love to back CMON and US always gets priority from those corrupt capitalist yanks.

Participant

Thinking about going in as a late backer for Rum & Bones. All those pirates… and the ship boards would be useful props for a Warmachine battle aboard ship…

I’d like to know more about Massive Darkness though and may not get the info until the late pledge option has closed.

KentKent
    Participant

Really excited for this one that just popped up on my kickstarter suggestions page. Not sure how y’all feel about card games but this one will be super appealing to my friends as we all work in the space industry. I love the art style and overall presentation of the game. Plus free-shipping to the US, Canada, and the EU.

Participant

Sadly, Bloodstone Frontier is going backwards. They’ve released loads of information about the game over the last week, but in that time the funding has dropped from 51% to 36%.

I know there are 19 days to go, but more people drop out when they see the prospect of stretch goals fading, so stretch goals become less likely and then circle repeats.

Mythos is slowly backtracking too and it seems likely to drop below funding level soon.

Participant

I like the look of this.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/this-war-of-mine-the-board-game

If I understand it right, control of all characters is passed from player to player, so it will be perfect for solo play.

Most 1-X players games have solo tagged on as an afterthought, so it doesn’t always work.

Keymaster

It does look quite good, but I’m really trying to control myself at the moment as I’m about to spend a bundle on terrain. 🙂

Participant

I haven’t backed it yet, as I want to watch a full play through, but haven’t had time to do so.

At least it’s well and truly funded, unlike Bloodstone Frontier which I have backed and expect to fail. Mythos on the brink of dropping below funding after going a thousand clear.

However, Dark Souls continues eating kickstarter money, soon hitting £2.6 million. Dropped out of that due to the lack of campaign, but the more miniatures it unlocks the mode tempting it becomes… and I would be buying it just for minis, which is bad.

Keymaster

The problem I have with a lot of these Kickstarter dungeoncrawlers is that the quality of the miniatures isn’t that good. The minis in games like Fireteam Zero and Shadows of Brimstone have pretty soft detail, the sculpting is slightly amateurish (3D sculpting by 3D guys translating concept art rather than real sculpting by miniature sculptors) and it’s not worth doing much more than a basic paint job on them. Dark Souls looks like it’ in the same camp – I doubt you’ll get the definition you can see in the 3D renders.

So to me, they’re really just glorified boardgame pieces rather than minis; in which case the game has to be really good (eg Fireteam Zero stands up as a game; Shadows of Brimstone not so much), because it’s not worth buying the game just for the minis.

Participant

You make a valid point. CMON miniatures are not great in general. ( not that Dark Souls and Shadow of Brimstone are CMON, but similar quality)

And I can’t honestly think of anything I need Dark Souls minis for.

KentKent
    Participant

If there is one thing that you can always seem to count on from GW, it is very highly detailed sculpted miniatures. That is one of the main appeals all of these new standalone releases they are coming out with. I’m trying to hold out on purchasing any until the Bloodbowl release but I don’t know if I can wait that long.

Here is another kickstarter that interests me but I can already tell the minis will be sub-par quality. The ‘Heroes’ pledge level gives 300+ plastic miniatures for 88$. No way they can produce good miniatures at that cost.

Keymaster

Actually I think the CMON ones are pretty good! I think there’s a world of difference between those and SoB or FZ.

Participant

Watched Rahdo’s play thorough of ‘This War Of Mine’ and it does look interesting, despite Rahdo’s awful presentation, he just blurts stuff out and rambles a lot.

Not backing it yet, but I’m watching with interest.

And it seems likely that I won’t be buying into ‘Bloodstone Frontier’ which looks set to fail, so I will have a bit of ‘cash back’ to pledge to ‘This War Of Mine’.

Viewing 12 posts - 181 through 192 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.