Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 193 through 204 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

He does ramble, but after watching his final thoughts I decided to back it. I like games that immerse you in the theme and bring up emotions and this one seems to do it. And it’s good see something different thematically.

Participant

Never thought I’d say this, but Dark Souls has too much plastic in stretch goals.

Just figures and occasional cards. Add-ons provide a few tiles, but they really aren’t adding anything interesting… not that I’m backing it, but it seems such a wasted potential for a game approaching £3 million in funding!

Participant

I’m in on This War Of Mine now. Expansion included as stretch goals. Not sure what it adds, but all will be revealed in time.

Participant

Re: Dark Souls. Wow. It’s shaping up to be the most-backed “board game with minis” on KS. It’s already overtaken the previous #1 (Z:BP) in terms of number of backers. With just under 3 days to go, I expect it to overtake that game in dollar value as well.

The down side : I will be very very surprised if the game can be delivered anywhere close to its April 2017 deadline.

Z:BP (with CMON’s experience) is delayed by about 5-6 months. Monolith’s Conan by almost a year. And they have less stuff to produce compared to Dark Souls.

Participant

There is disquiet in the Dark Souls comments section. They hit £3 million and all they got was a boss expansion add-on that few seem interested in.

It’s still an impressive total, but I’m glad I dropped out long ago. Just not enough game in there to interest me.

Mythos is back to funded, but only at 118%. Again, that didn’t inspire my interest enough to back it, even though I’m a fan of the Cthulhu Mythos and they unlocked an extra faction to appease the backers.

Bloodstone Frontier still on course for failure, but the creator has said it will appear anyway. They have been vague as how it will be done if funding fails. I’m still a backer, for the moment….

Participant

One of the strengths of Kickstarter is it allows companies to accelerate the introduction of new factions to their game.

I suppose if funding fails, they’ll do it the traditional way: introduce 2 starter factions plus rule book and build from there. If I’m not mistaken, that’s how Gates of Antares did it.

Option 2 would be go for Kickstarter Round 2. A number of projects succeeded in finding the second time round.

Participant

Seems to me, that if a game doesn’t fund in the first 24 hours and start hitting stretch goals, it doesn’t attract enough attention to fund.

Kickstarter is all about the beginning and the end. People dive in for early bird, or pledge £1 and ignore it until last 48 hours.

Participant

I’ve seen all kinds of Kickstarters. I’ve seen some that just barely crawl over the “funded” level at the last minute. I’ve seen some hitting stretch goals in the first hour. And everything in between.

I’ve seen projects get funded on their 2nd or even 3rd tries. I’ve seen some fail on their 3rd try and give up.

All I’ve learned is: it takes all kinds on Kickstarter and funding is never guaranteed (unless your company’s initials start with a “C” and end with an “N”… and there’s an “M” and an “O” somewhere in the middle 😉 ).

Participant

CK…. I have a idea…. How about we set up a miniatures company called COMN and pretend to make a game. Rake in millions and then do a runner with the money?

Participant

Heh. That’s an idea…

We could get away with it too, since Kickstarter doesn’t care if we deliver or not… as long as they get their % of the funding… 😀

KentKent
    Participant

I’m trying to resist This War of Mine, I still want to play the award winning video game it is based on before I try the board game.

Not sure if this counts as a Kickstarter but it is still about a year from delivery so I’m putting it in here. New Bloodbowl info and images. I for one am VERY excited about the new Bloodbowl. Current info is there are no rule changes unlike the Warhammer Quest coming out. Good old classic Bloodbowl with updated figures and art.

Here are sneak peaks:

Warhammer Fest 2016: Blood Bowl Sighting

Participant

Five hours to go and Dark Souls finally will have a campaign mode built into the game.

Bit slow on the uptake are Steamforged to add this so late and due to backer demand most likely.

A game of this nature should have campaign mode included from the beginning.

But it’s not going to draw me in, not unless they have stupendously good idea and stretch goal in the final hours of this campaign.

I know it has unlocked six expansions that will cost extra at retail, but I’m not convinced they add a great deal to the game.

Viewing 12 posts - 193 through 204 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.