Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 205 through 216 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I got poisoned by the “I backed This War of Mine” group in these here forums and also backed.

Participant

It does look different and interesting.

War involves people whether they like it or not….

Jack RomeoJack Romeo
    Participant

A game that funds in the first 24 hours probably had a long life before hitting Kickstarter, with the creators building interest and creating a community 6 months to a year prior to hitting Kickstarter. From what I’ve seen, quick funding is more a factor of a well organised marketing campaign and community building than anything else. So your observation that “if a game doesn’t fund in the first 24 hours and start hitting stretch goals, it doesn’t attract enough attention to fund” is true in some cases, but it’s probably mostly an indicator of a professional run campaign by someone who knows what they are doing.

Participant

Yet another CMON game has backed within minutes. Massive Darkness… a dungeon crawler…

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/massive-darkness

How original… a dungeon crawler… not many of them around…

Uses a plastic dashboard as seen in Zombicide BP.

Not watched the gameplay yet, so it could be stunningly original, but first glance at the page makes it look a lot like Z:BP and so many other ‘monster spawn’ games.

Keymaster

Oh god, another one. What is happening to the game industry. The only different things I can see are the shadow mechanic and the fact that some enemies can use their own items.

Watch the gameplay video. They open the first door and there are 10 figures crammed in there!

I like CMON’s miniatures and this is a high quality product, but there’s nothing different enough here to justify the purchase. Of course it will still rack in shovel-loads of money.

It’s very frustrating as I want to back their games, but I need something different from games already in my collection.

Keymaster

Also, after Rum & Bones, perhaps I should just wait a year for Massive Darkness: Second Version!

Participant

I had same thought… Massive Darkness season 2 for bug fix.

Watched the video… its zombicide in a dungeon with monsters that aren’t zombies and custom dice.

Great if you want some miniatures, but the game looks dull.

Participant

To be fair, CMON already said the gameplay would be based off Z:BP.

So Massive Darkness is already Z:BP 2nd Ed. 😀

Keymaster

Fair enough. I can’t blame them for wanting to milk the cash cow. I wish they’d use their skills and resources to make what I think could be more interesting games, but this is what the game-buying public seems to lap up.

Participant

CMON games are basically no brainers. Nice minis, some stats and special abilities, then roll lots of dice. Co-op FTW so everyone can play together for laughs. Simple basic AI. Finish a session in about 60-75 mins. Everyone goes home laughing.

Light games for light gaming sessions.

Those who want something deeper need to look at Descent, Swords & Sorcery, Myth etc. for dungeon crawlers. Or games that think outside the box like This War of Mine.

Participant

This War of Mine can’t even see the box 🙂

To be fair, Massive Darkness is a great source of miniatures for the RPG table and by the time the KS ends there will be a lot more than 75. Already added 30+ and some dungeon scenery.

And if you think about the cost some the big monsters like the golems, it’s a bargain bundle…. must stop thinking like that…

Participant

There is a rumbling in the Massive Darkness KS from CMON.

First add-on is four big elementals for $40 and that’s asking a lot, especially when not even KS exclusive.

Rumours are that Zombicide Black Plague 2 is coming soon and I suspect CMON fear confirming that as people will drop out of MD and wait a few months.

I’m in at $1 for the updates, but unless something awesome happens I will ask for my dollar back.

Viewing 12 posts - 205 through 216 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.