Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

This topic contains 366 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 8th 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    CK Lai
    Participant

I think it’s the fact that folks will “feel” better from an American-sourced game.

There was a time when Kickstarter limited how many countries could open a Kickstarter project. (I think it was USA, UK, Australia, France. Germany or something like that). So many project creators had to set up a company in the USA or UK just so they could get their project on KS. I think Conan (Monolith) was the last one of note that had to do this.

Now… I don’t know. Maybe they creators figured the reason why their past 2 Kickstarters failed was due to country of origin? (shrugs)

8th
    Participant

You could be right. Seems that americans whine more about postage.

Unless this gets something impressive as an unlock I can’t see me backing this one.

CK Lai
    Participant

“Seems that americans whine more about postage.”

Heh. That’s not all… in my review for MERCS Recon, it’s also because they didn’t get their games first… instead some nobody in a backwater place like Malaysia dared to post a review first 😀

8th
    Participant

Given the america knowledge of geography, they probably think Malaysia is a disease you get from a mosquito 🙂

CK Lai
    Participant

Oh, thanks a lot, 8thPagan! 😛

8th
    Participant

I could be wrong about americans, but I base my opinion on them on the choice of their political figures… George Bush, Sarah Palin, Donald Trump….

CK Lai
    Participant

LOL. Not touching that one with a 10-foot pole! 🙂

8th
    Participant

Time to cut back on Kickstarter. Took me over an hour to decide if I should up my pledge on Folklore in the manager. I didn’t.

I would be pledging for extra stuff on an untried game that I can probably get cheaper at retail.

Kickstarter exclusives entice us in.

8th
    Participant

Another miniatures game up, but if the renders are anything to go by, not enough poses for my liking. Maybe they will unlock if it funds.

I have plenty of wargames at the moment, so skipping this one, but I just thought I’d mention it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1273312680/war-is-coming-shieldmaidens-vs-orcs?ref=users

CK Lai
    Participant

It does look nice… but the pictures are T-Stance… means it’s a neutral pose for modelling purposes. It hasn’t been posed yet.

But yeah… I already have tons of minis… don’t need any more. And a mass fantasy battle? Good luck getting traction. Sad to say.

8th
    Participant

I really don’t get why everything CMON does goes crazy! Latest game doesn’t look that special, but still funded very quickly.

They could do a game about dog turd collecting at it would still fund day one.

CK Lai
    Participant

What’s even more impressive us Xenoshyft is a card game, no minis in sight 😀

It’s not a bad game. I got the first, but not getting this one.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 367 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.