Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 241 through 252 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Chevalier, you can disrespect me all you like, I don’t mind! 🙂 All opinions are welcome here, and what I was meaning to express is that your point of view was a very good one that I hadn’t considered properly.

I can sometimes get caught up in what ‘I’ want, without considering the very real possibility that someone may approach a campaign like Massive Darkness as their first experience of a dungeoncrawler. If I’d been confronted with a game that elaborate and beautiful when I was starting tabletop gaming it would have blown my tiny mind!

Participant

Zombicide BP finally arrived. That’s a lot of plastic… and no way I’m painting all of that. Some may get used in RPG’s and I’ll paint them, maybe all the heroes eventually.

The deck holders will be useful for the likes of Eldritch Horror and other games.

And the 27 plastic doors will be good for dungeon crawler games like Descent, although I haven’t check them for scale yet.

Keymaster

Sorastro has a good video on using the dipping technique for painting the Zombicide BP miniatures. Good time saver.

Participant

Not going to bother with the zombies. Too many of them and easier to keep track of the heroes if the zombies are all one colour.

I’m planning a simplistic foam core to store them, so the paint would be easily chipped. A box each for walkers, runners, necros, abominations, archers and NPC’s. That way I can just grab a handful as needed.

Blood Rage and Besieged seemed better organised to me. Maybe it’s because Zombicide has a such a cult following and was a big KS, but their delivery was sluggish and they seemed virtually silent once the KS was over.

I’m reluctant to back another CMON KS… so it will have to be something special… and Massive Dorkness is nothing special. It’s still trickling along, but it’s a really uninspired KS in my opinion and their KS exclusive add-on to combine with Z:BP seems like a desperate attempt to lure in more of the OCD Zombicide backers. Making it a KS exclusive put me off even more, as the money grab was too obvious.

Participant

@8th : the doors work very well for board game dungeon crawls. Tested with Dungeon Saga and Descent is close to scale. I plan to use them for the forthcoming Conan game instead of that game’s plastic doors (more expensive, fewer doors).

@UH : “someone may approach a campaign like Massive Darkness as their first experience of a dungeoncrawler. If I’d been confronted with a game that elaborate and beautiful when I was starting tabletop gaming it would have blown my tiny mind!”

So true and that would be me. I’m still at the “ooohhhh… New shinies” stage of my board gaming Renaissance. 🙂

Participant

Tried to get everything from Z:BP stretch goals and add-ons into the one box (with figures just thrown in compartments as not planning to paint. Had to leave the 3D doors and boss monsters separate. The sculpts on the Abominatroll and Abominataur are just too space consuming.

I could probably squeeze the doors in, but I may use them for other games, so easier to keep separate.

Massive Darkness still trundling along, but I no longer have the urge to buy. The only enticement is some of the roamer bosses for RPG, but not enough of an enticement, not now I have Descent.

Keymaster

I’m actually quite relieved CMON isn’t running anything I’m interested in at the moment! My backlog of figure painting is enormous. At the moment I’m working on Deathwatch Overkill and Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower, and they’re both huge painting jobs.

Participant

If we’re lucky, their next KS will be Black Plague 2, the Quest for Cash and we can ignore it.

But perhaps it will be something cool. I’d go for Wrath of Kings 2 as I missed that first time around.

Z-War Damnation should have reached Felixstowe yesterday, so that should be in the post soon. Looking forwards to that… and it’s a small company using kickstarter for once. I hope it’s good, as the next two chapters are due on Kickstarter a month or so after that ships.

Keymaster

Yeah, or B.Sieged Rebooted: Grandsons of the Abyss

If they did a scifi version of WoK my wallet would cry out in pain. But I doubt there’s as much money in tabletop wargames as there is in these boardgames.

Participant

B-Sieged: The Black Plague of Massive Darkness…

Zombicide the CCG…

They usually announce the next one when the current one ends.

Participant

@UH: they already have a SF game : Dark Ages. 🙂

But yeah. I wouldn’t say no to a WoK 2 KS.

Keymaster

I’d call that more sci-fantasy. I’ve read the system too – too fiddly for my taste!

Viewing 12 posts - 241 through 252 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.