Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 253 through 264 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Yes. Very fiddly rules.

Oh, well. Just pointing it out to say it’s highly unlikely (but not totally impossible) that CMON will come up with a WoK-based SF miniatures game KS.

Participant

Massive Dorkness is almost over. Although it has passed 3 million, it has been a very dull kickstarter in my opinion and I’m glad I dropped out.

When it ends they will doubtless reveal the next miniature infested game.

For those fond of Evil Dead…

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evildead2/evil-dead-2-the-official-board-game

Bad news is that Evil Dead all being shipped from US, so the rest of us are getting screwed on shipping costs plus customs, so I’m unlikely to back it.

Keymaster

Don’t expect CMON to take too many risks after getting a financial result like that one. They’ll be more of the same in the future because that, it seems, is what people want. Unfortunately, IMO.

The Evil Dead one appears to me to be the usual derivative crap riding on the coattails of a popular IP. Terrible minis and virtually no info about the game itself. Move, search, fight, yawn.

Participant

It seems that all people want is lots of free stuff… but it’s not free, as you pay over the odds for a pre-order.

I’m trying to turn my spending, back the outsider instead of the safe bet. Doesn’t always work out, but that’s life.

Sadly, CMON are selling miniatures with a bolt on game. Others throw a licence out there to lure us in and sometimes we take the bait.

Still waiting for Z War One, a zombie game that seems more tactical, but it should be here soon.

Keymaster

The thing that gets me is that I bet most of the buyers won’t even use all that stuff anyway, the scores of minis will go unpainted into a box and hardly be seen again.

The one advantage of all this mediocrity in the games industry is that my buying frequency has drastically reduced and I’m spending more time with games I already have. It’s rare lately that I see something particularly exciting; I usually have something very similar already in my collection!

Participant

And next CMON is World of Smog: Rise of Moloch.

A double barrelled game for you UH.

No details yet, but art looks reminiscent of the Others, with a Victorian spin.

No doubt all will be revealed in a couple of months.

And so the CMON factory churns on…

Keymaster

I like the Victorian theme, but the gameplay better have something new to offer.

Participant

Sounds like it’ll be a re-skin of The Others?

BTW, I really don’t get the disdain for CMON games… they have their niche. Zombicide is fun for a group that wants a light game to play, chuck lots of dice and see what happens with lots of laughter along the way. Of course, the group that prefers Twilight Imperium isn’t going to like it, but that’s what variety is all about. And I’m sure you can’t call Wrath of Kings and Blood Rage a bunch of minis bolted on to a game. You can complain about CMON going to the well too often and I’ll agree with you every step of the way. But as far as games go, I’m sure there are worse-looking ones with not as fun game play.

As as for overpaying for CMON Kickstarters… you’re expected to make your money back by selling the KS-exclusives for an arm and a leg on fleeceBay 😉

Keymaster

I don’t feel disdain for them at all CK, just frustration that they’re not coming up with better games. The minis are great and the value is there, but I’d just love to see them push the boundaries a bit. But I do recognise that’s silly when they’re raking in a packet doing what they’re doing. 🙂

Participant

For me it’s the ‘added value’ that cmon see in extra miniatures over gameplay.

Blood Rage is an exception, they added gameplay with the mystics and gods.

Zombicide and Massive was all about the plastic.

So was B-Sieged.

Will I ever get to play with all the hero unlocks of those games?

Rather have proper expansions, campaign play and alternate game modes.

Participant

After a bit of googling and some translated web pages I found this…

The World of Smog: Rise of Moloch is a Victorian adventure board game, for 2 to 5 players, set in an alternate England, where magic and technology have taken an extraordinary turn. Playable as a campaign or solo adventures, Rise of Moloch puts one player in the position of the Nemesis, against the intrepid Gentlemen controlled by the other players trying to save the Crown. Secretly activate the order of your characters through different scenarios, enjoy your steam power weapons, and save your special actions for the most opportune moments – you surely don’t want to make your opponent stronger!

It probably translates into… you grab a handful of dice and kill a handful of monsters that die after taking 1 damage…

Or it could be something new and original… but I won’t hold my breath…

However… I am a sucker for Victorian adventure… Cthulhu by Gaslight, League of Adventures, Sherlock Holmes…

Keymaster

Sigh – the damn ‘one player against the others’ thing, I thought we were past that!

Viewing 12 posts - 253 through 264 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.