Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 301 through 312 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Yup. I usually receive my tracking info a coupe of days AFTER I’ve received games from CMON 😛

Participant

And true to form, I received my shipping info 1 day AFTER I received my 7 Sins.

UH… a suggestion: if you want to do a The Others : 7 Sins “Joy of Unboxing” video, this time start with the carton it arrives in. It’s MASSIVE!!! 😮

Keymaster

Will do. Though I’m beginning to suspect I’ll have to wait another few weeks, because apparently the Australian distributor is waiting on a second shipment, DAMMIT!

Jack RomeoJack Romeo
    Participant

Oh, The Others is in the mail already! I thought that was still a few months off, seems I will have to speed up my ZBP painting!

Edit: Right..

EU Hub
    For the European packages, we ran into an issue with the August holidays, which means our distribution center would be closed if the packages arrived in August as expected. Unfortunately that means we are going to have to delay the European shipment a little bit, so that the distribution hub can send them out in September. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Participant

Z-War One Damnation finally arrived. Been a few delays, but aren’t there always?

Still missing a few stretch goals as I opted for resin instead of metal and they had some problems with that. At the time I was in the infancy of drilling fingers for Hordes/Warmachine and wanted something softer to work with. Hindsight I would go for metal as more durable. But you live and learn.

Heavy box.

Character boards are solid stuff. Put CMON to shame. Same thickness as most game board tiles.

Rules are nice and glossy and it was the comic/game that lured me into backing.

Might be a while before I get to test it with Mansions of Madness arriving, but they plan on launching Chapter 3&4 once everything shipped and need to know before I pledge again if I want to expand it. Arc intended for 6 chapters in all.

Participant

CMON seems to have learned. The Others uses nice thick cardboard, just like the tiles. And Z: BP and Massive Darkness use those plastic boards, side-stepping the whole issue entirely.

I wonder what they’ll do for their next KS (Masmorra?) : keep on using the thick cardboard of The Others, or back to the flimsy card of their earlier games?

Participant

Sandy Peterson is saving the environment… well… he’s recycling anyway.

Reskinning Cthulhu Wars as The Gods War…

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1816687860/the-gods-war

Going be a stupid expensive game with add-ons (31 have already backed at $1000) and I won’t be backing it for a few more reasons….

3-5 players which is not good for my sunday game as we don’t have much time and when I do have time it’s two players only available.

Peterson is terrible at hitting deadlines.

It’s very expensive plus high shipping…(I know I already said expensive, but it’s worth mentioning again)

Keymaster

I was really impressed with the thick card of the player sheets in The Others. About time!

Wow, that new Petersen one does look similar to Cthulhu Wars. He hasn’t delivered on Cthulhu Wars Onslaught Two though yet, has he? I’m surprised the backers of that don’t seem to be annoyed at another one going up before that one is finished, especially given his rep for missing deadlines.

Not for me thanks.

Participant

He still hasn’t shipped Orcs Must Die and that was on kick-starter at the same time that B-Sieged was.

And when’s the Other unboxing going to appear? I’m curious even though I didn’t back it.

Keymaster

Unbelievable. Any other Kickstarter would be pilloried!

Coming soon. I’ve switched from iMovie to Final Cut Pro so it’s slowed me down a bit.

Keymaster

Just got Rise of Cthulhu: Dark Secrets, a little expansion for the card game Rise of Cthulhu. It’s a nice little game, though I’m slightly peeved that 2 player aid cards were promised and only 1 was delivered. The designer has basically said ‘sorry about that, my mistake’ and that’s it.

Ahhh, the joys of Kickstarter.

Participant

It is remarkable really. Of the 12 projects created on KS, several failed to fund (Different language versions of Cthulhu Wars mainly) and only Cthulhu Wars has actually been completely delivered.

That’s five games not fully shipped (or started shipping in most cases) and yet here’s another project.

Irony is, he took over Chaosium because they were slow to deliver Cthulhu 7 rules and that only just made it to print.

He’s like one of those evangelical preachers. People believe his words and trust him to deliver salvation (or gaming product).

I’m not that trusting… so won’t be backing anything by Peterson games for the foreseeable future.

Viewing 12 posts - 301 through 312 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.