Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

This topic contains 366 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 8th 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 313 through 324 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Jack Romeo
    Jack Romeo
    Participant

I love my Cthulhu Wars game, but with all expansions it´s just a pain to store. Much of what made me go all in on CW was the prospect of getting high quality minis from Lovecrafts lore, and paying the same for an unfamiliar setting is not that interesting. I have no doubts he’ll deliver as promised eventually, but this is a pass for me as well.

Then there’s Vampire Hunters as mentioned earlier: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1900818244/vampire-hunters-0/

Anyone pulling the trigger on this one? Looks like lots of additional content with the Kickstarter, but can they deliver the quality minis we’ve come to expect from CMoN?

8th
    Participant

Saw this first time they were looking for backers and had a look second time. Looked ok,but just didn’t get me interested enough to back it.

More stuff now, but I think I’ll pass.

CK Lai
    Participant

I quite like the day/night mechanic that turns the AI around.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Not for me. And I’m very wary of minis games from inexperienced publishers. The 3D renders may look fine, but the end results can be less than impressive – eg Fireteam Zero, which is a good game, but the minis are pretty average.

razide
    Participant

Kickstarter – Sieege of the Citadel 2nd edition. Mutant Chronicles boardgame.

Figures the figures appear more refined versions of the original game’s. The Razide could do with more beefing up!
    Not bad $69USD for the basic game but its out September 2017.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ve got the original edition and, strangely, I can’t see anything here that grabs me enough to back it.

8th
    Participant

I didn’t see anything interesting enough in the game to back it….

Plus I’m still waiting for two Modiphius kickstarters, Infinity RPG (9 months late and core book not ready in pdf yet) and Conan RPG (3 months late), so I think September 2017 is very optimistic. They were late with Thunderbirds boardgame and Achtung Cthulhu too.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@UH Is the original game as good as they claim…so if one does not own that…would this be worth it?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I haven’t actually got around to playing it. It was very exciting at the time it was released but I’m pretty sure it’s just another dungeoncrawler in a long line of dungeoncrawlers now.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

I find the idea of alternating the player for the bad guys interesting….at least on paper it reads like a fun feature 🙂

8th
    Participant

Rotating the ‘villain’ player only works if everyone willing to take on the role. It’s like a rotating GM in RPG.

One of my RPG group refuses to be GM and he’d see that role in Siege as being GM.

When we played Mansions of Madness co-op he still seemed to treat me as GM rather than fellow player… treated my character more like he would treat an NPC… not sharing weapons etc.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

I do not expect it to be that complex..so comparing it to a GM role in an RPG might be a little too much. From the look of it its seams more of a tactical choice how to use the resources to help oneself and hinder the others…and having an eye on what the next person can do to you with the results of what you have done ect. Only if I understood it right that is.

Viewing 12 posts - 313 through 324 (of 367 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.