Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

This topic contains 366 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 8th 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 325 through 336 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    8th
    Participant

Kickstarter is evil…

I find myself looking at Siege of the Citadel (plus other games as the months go by) to find myself thinking “That’s a bargain bundle with all those unlocked stretch goals…”

And then think… “but that’s just greed… I don’t need that game, nor do I particularly want it…”

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

We are all addicts…so stop trying to pretend its otherwise…makes it soooo much easier ;-P

CK Lai
    Participant

LOL! Actually… Somehow the game just doesn’t attract me. Thankfully for the stead my wallet and domestic harmony 😉

8th
    Participant

Since This War of Mine ended, there’s been nothing I’ve seen that really tempted me enough to pledge….

Except this… which ends in 3 days…

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1256540796/trudvang-chronicles

…but I haven’t pledged yet.

It looks interesting, comes with six books, a slip case, GM Screen, a couple of PDF’s and even a short soundtrack for around £60 (plus about £20 postage).

My concern is that I don’t think one of my players will be interested (not keen on Norse setting) and when there’s only 4 of you at best, a disinterested player is a problem, so I may never get used, just read by me.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

To be honest…I have not played a great deal of all the stuff I have…be it video games, board games, card games, miniature games or roleplaying games…or read all the books I own for that matter…for varius different reasons….and I have still hope for my time after retirement to catch up….yeah I know…but one has to have hope ;-)…and sometimes…when the addict part is not so strong…I do wonder if I really need this or that game…silly thought I know….sometimes one gets week 😛

But with RPG´s I never do that…I accepted a looong time ago that as an adult I do not have the time like I had as a teenager where we played entire weekends non-stop…nowadays its more like an evening every other month…or less…so I have no problem if I actually do not play those with my friends….for me if the setting, art and writing draw me to it…it is enough to just read the stuff….more like a good book…my imagination goes on endless adventures while reading…and I do enjoy that very much…even if not playing the game ever.

Oh…and thx for the tip btw…looks really interesting indeed!

8th
    Participant

Backed Trudvang this morning… and an hour later dropped out again.

Really can’t see me using it and I’d rather spend £70 on something I will use instead.

I love RPG’s, but end up buying stuff I will never use and although it looks interesting, Trudvang is nothing special, just another fantasy RPG with dwarves, elves and men.

8th
    Participant

Siege of the Citadel in last 48 hours now and lot unlocked for the $150 level. I might have another look at it.

Interesting development as now FFG will be selling it when the kickstarter has been sent to backers.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Well, I buckled and backed it. FFG backing gives it that extra level of legitimacy, and the designers and illustrators involved are all top tier. I don’t think the minis are particularly interesting and I have a hundred games like it, but what the hell, a man must have his hobbies!

8th
    Participant

I am weakening… 1 vs many, co-op and solo plus so much stuff and interesting setting. And for 150 that is a lot of tiles…. 15 last time I checked… so lots of variety.

And who knows…. Modiphius have several RPG’s and they could be the replacement for GW for FFG… Conan, Mutant Chronicles, Infinity, Achtung Cthulhu… Mansions of Achtung Cthulhu 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Still on the fence…but more money-wise because Spiel´16 in Essen is next friday…and money still does not grow on trees 😉

As far as I know this game was a challenge for GW back in the days when the original publisher was THE big player on the minis market besides GW…and the content was way ahead of GW at that time….and now FFG is supporting the new incarnation…it kinda makes it an interesting move after loosing the license from GW…doesn´t it 😉

But with 501 $ worth for 149$…and still growing…I don´t see me not backing it in the end….crazy amount of stuff! Hope the Quality of the minis holds up!!!

8th
    Participant

Modiphius do quality stuff in my opinion, but often late delivering and with the stretch goals unlocked I expect the same this time.

Didn’t stop me weakening and backing though.

I have seen their metal miniatures for Achtung and they were interesting, but plastic is different and the only plastics I’ve seen were in Thunderbirds kickstarter, so can’t say what Siege quality will be like.

8th
    Participant

Siege raised more funding yesterday than day 1 which is unusual. I think it’s down to FFG getting involved. They splash it on their homepage and that gets their fan base to back the game.

Lot of stuff in that kickstarter now, but don’t think I’ll bother with add ons as now that FFG are involved in know I can buy later.

Viewing 12 posts - 325 through 336 (of 367 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.