Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

This topic contains 366 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 8th 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 337 through 348 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    razide
    Participant

I wonder why FFG picked up Siege of the Citadel now after dumping their support for the previous Mutant Chronicles games they had….lured by the success of the Kickstarter I suppose and a possible RPG to replace their WH40K stuff.

FFG have a track record of picking up outside franchises (MutantChronicles, DUST, AT-43, Confrontation, Tanhausser) and then letting them sit for a while before dropping them.

CK Lai
    Participant

Good point.

At this stage, I’m steering clear of Mutant Chronicles given FFG’s involvement based on their past track record of 3rd party produced/designed games. Eventually orphaned games.

8th
    Participant

I look at FFG involvement differently. Modiphius can be a bit slow at hitting deadlines and I suspect FFG will push them as they can’t sell until backers are supplied.

And as far as expansions are concerned… the KS provides a lot of material that will be released as expansions, so if nothing else ever released I’ll have plenty of material.

8th
    Participant

Kingdom Death Monster 1.5 is on kickstarter. Bug fix for the original at low end of pledges and chance for those that didn’t back further up the price list.

Ludicrous price to get everything, but the thing I find most stunning is the delivery date… 2020…

And it’s already funded over 2.5 million with 43 days to go.

Four years to wait is ridiculous. And that assumes they hit the deadline!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That is utterly insane. I would have considered backing it this time, but there’s no way I’m waiting (at least) 4 years for it. Not to mention paying for multiple waves of shipping. And the prices are ridiculous ($250 for the base game? Who are they, Games Workshop?)

Gamers really can be suckers for something vaguely ‘exclusive’ or ‘collectible’ sometimes.

Good luck to him, he’s very cleverly created a high end niche for himself.

CK Lai
    Participant

More power to Poots. He knows how long it will take him to make his game according to his meticulous, exacting standards and he doesn’t want to underestimate the delivery dates again. I can respect him for that.

I’ve got a couple of KS games that were supposed to deliver in 2014. Massive delays. Hope to see them Q1 2017.

So if he wants 2020… his backers all understand what that means, since many are repeat backers.

I’m staying out of it. Bit too rich for my blood, but all the best to him!

8th
    Participant

Up to 3.5 million on KDM already. I don’t understand why it gets so much money so quickly. Is it just about the smutty miniatures?

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Same here….do not like most of the minis…looking much too strange for my taste…and even good gameplay does not get me to spend this much money on one game. Crazy KS!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I read this excellent review at Always Board, Never Boring yesterday, and to my wallet’s relief it confirmed my existing thoughts on the game.

8th
    Participant

I was never going to buy KDM, but you’re right about the review, although I admit a skimmed a lot after the first few paragraphs (it’s a long review), it does put you off buying it.

Hundreds of pounds for a game that is no fun and don’t want to play is a total waste… not just of money, but time and effort.

Mythic Battles: Pantheon looks fun and I am not dropping out of this one, but no way am I going ‘all in’.

A lot of backers drool over ever stretch goal and add-on, but at some point you have more stuff than you will ever need. The core game provides more than enough variation for many games. The Hera expansion I like with the campaign of heroes. The RPG I may buy.

Titans…. not impressed. $59 for four miniatures (albeit big ones) just does not add enough to the game for me.

I may weaken on something else, but I’m going to try to be strong.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ve backed Mythic Battles, but I’m sticking with the core set. As you say, everything else is hardly ever used.

The figure sculpting is somewhat uneven in my opinion, however. I reckon those new titans are very average, especially Enceladus, which is just laughable.

briscoe999
    Participant

I am also backing Mythic Battles – but I am also just getting the core set…..exactly for the reasons you guys already mentioned (w/stetch goals more than enough stuff comes with the core set).

I actually think there may now be TOO many heroes with the core game…..i would rather see more small terrain pieces or troops added.

Viewing 12 posts - 337 through 348 (of 367 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.