Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

This topic contains 366 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 8th 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    8th
    Participant

This looks interesting.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/697125425/guards-of-atlantis-tabletop-moba?ref=users

Seems a bit expensive for what is in the box though. Despite my wish to cut back on KS this year, I feel I much watch it though.

8th
    Participant

UK online stores are giving January 30th as a release date for B-Sieged. As the ship not due to arrive in UK until 25th according to CMON.

Be disappointing if it hit retail before we got our hands on it, but we will just have to take solace in the KS exclusives that retail buyers will miss out on.

I went for the Savage Horde Bundle, Heroes Set 1 and Mulfins apparently. Weird. I thought I decided against mulfins, but must have changed my mind. Pledge manager can’t be wrong.

8th
    Participant

Some talk on B-Sieged KS comments regarding a negative review by Miami Dice.

They did a more positive review of Star Wars Rebellion though. 3-4 hrs playing time for that, so we’re looking are War of Ring in space type games.

Might need a “random dice fest” as they describe B-Sieged to calm down after Rebellion.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I think it was pretty obvious from the start it was a dice-chucking game; much as Rum & Bones is. I don’t have a problem with that as long as it’s fun – though, that said, it can be bloody annoying to play a coop game and lose or win just because of dice rolls. Anyway, I’m glad I didn’t go crazy on extras for this one.

And now I think of it, I’m sick of coop games! They compare it to Ghost Stories and that game annoys and frustrates me.

They seemed to give it a fair go and I can understand their feelings towards it. Oh well, can’t win ’em all!

8th
    Participant

Think my first year of kickstarter has taught me a lesson ….

Watching a game unlock stretch goals can be more interesting than the game.

Been disappointed with most of my kickstarters so far.

I have more to wait for and privateer press one due next month that I will back, but I will be more selective in future.

CK Lai
    Participant

What’s Privateer Press bringing to Kickstarter?

8th
    Participant

PP is bringing Widowers Wood boardgames. Say they want to get more visibility to their boardgames line.

http://widowerswood.com

Compatible with Undercity.

I see it as a box of minions for Hordes 🙂 …. and a boardgames of course.

CK Lai
    Participant

Nice! Hopefully they won’t use the bendy plastic that they did for LEvel 7: Omega Protocol. Great game… super bendy minis. Not even the hot/cold water bath can save some of them!

Is it confirmed these minis are able to be used for Hordes? Might be a nice way to explore the game without shelling out big $$$ for it.

8th
    Participant

I have Undercity and they are very bendy I’m afraid. So were those in the Iron Kingdoms Unleased Starter kit. So I suspect Widowers’s Wood will be the same.

The miniatures in both of those are based appropriately for Hordes/Warmachine.

The setting art suggests Unleashed which is Hordes, but there will be no stat cards, so you couldn’t play a Hordes adventure unless you got hold of cards from somewhere.

CK Lai
    Participant

@8th: Hmmm… maybe they might (might, I say) offer stat cards for the minis as an add-on to play Hordes? (One can dream, after all) 😛

And what Kickstarters have disappointed you?

8th
    Participant

Thunderbirds is ok, but the components don’t seem to merit the price paid.

Posthuman rules gave me a headache trying to make sense of them, so I haven’t picked it up again.

Pledge manager for Folklore annoyed me as it was getting stupidly expensive, so I went for base package instead. Similar problem with the Infinity RPG pledge manager… reluctant to spend a lot on a game that may get minimal play if the rules or setting don’t sit well with players (or me).

Basically, I got the KS bug and it took a while to get things under control.

CK Lai
    Participant

I almost backed Posthuman but I waffled between backing and not backing and the KS ended before I made up my mind.

Did Rahdo’s Run Through not help at all?

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 367 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.