Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

• This topic has 366 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Avatar8th.
Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Not had a look at Rahdo. He’s a bit waffly himself and his run through’s don’t really help much as I start falling asleep as a result.

I will read to Postman rules again, but not yet.

Participant

Posthuman… Not postman… Auto correct.

Anyway… Looks like Nova Aetas will fund this time. 120K of 40K goal. Lot of miniatures now… Can I resist backing?

Participant

Woohoo! I managed not to pledge to Nova Aetas.

Decided it was too much like stuff I had and I would be buying it just for the miniatures… which I don’t need!

Zombicide Black Plague extras are disappointment. June before we get stuff. Six months late and Chinese new year can’t be blamed for everything.

Participant

Z:BP. It’s more that the KS was a roaring success and they had to produce stuff for 20,000+ backers. That’s a lot of minis. Was never really going to be possible to finish everything in such a short time span. I’ve played it 16 times already so I’m happy to give it a rest till June πŸ™‚

Participant

Z:BP – ha! A CNY holiday turns into a 6+ month delay, more likely CMoN staff went on a long 2 month or more holiday over Christmas & NewYear before they had finished all the extras.

I wonder if The Others:7 Sins will suddenly have a 3-6 month blowout to their March2016 delivery date ?
    19thJan update :“Very soon we will be entering the Chinese New Year, which sees factories closed for a while, and afterwards it takes considerable time for everything to get back up and running normally. Therefore we already have a pretty good idea we won’t make the initial estimate of a March delivery. The actual delivery shouldn’t be much later than that, but we just wanted to make sure you were aware of where things stood in order to avoid any frustration. Keep in mind the delivery estimate is just that, an estimate, and we always do our best to deliver as soon as possible, but quality is always paramount. We will most definitely update you as soon as we have a better idea of when delivery can be expected.”

Keymaster

Seriously, it’s time everyone learned to design a schedule that avoided the Chinese New Year break!

I’m still waiting on Fireteam Zero …

Participant

The only game where CMON managed to deliver anywhere near their estimated delivery timetable was Blood Rage (if I’m not mistaken). That’s also probably because the number of backers was smaller. Ditto the number of minis they had to produce. So they should’ve learned what is realistically do-able in the time frame they have.

Since CMON loves to overlap campaigns (and KS lets them) before delivery of the previous one, CMON will keep on giving unrealistic delivery schedules until they’ve learned what they realistically can and cannot do.

But yeah… a knock on effect in delays of a project will inevitably lead a game project to bump up against the dreaded CNY holidays. I used to love the CNY, because I’d get lots of $$$ as a kid πŸ™‚ Now that I’m married, I have to give out $$$, so I’m less enamoured of the holiday. Plus, it now also impacts the delivery date of my KS games πŸ˜€

(Plus CNY actually lasts for 15 days! So folks will return home a few days earlier and back to work a few days after that. 21 days is very realistic for the CNY period. It’s also the most major holiday for Chinese in China, because that’s the only one they will return home to their home town for, and they will take that as their annual leave as well. All other holidays and festivals you don’t need to return to the home town.)

The Others: I guess we’ll just have to trade timely delivery for lots and lots of freebies that we’d otherwise have to pay extra $$$ for, and be content with that. I’m sure buying the other 5 Sins at retail will cost way more than what we pledged for the KS (plus shipping from the USA!). Not to mention the other KS-only exclusives that CMON seems to delight in.

Participant

15 days!!! They should cut it short to 1 day like we do in civilised parts of the world.

Participant

Methinks Chinese civilisation predates Western civilisation by a good few thousand years πŸ™‚

That’s why we know how to have a good time.

Participant

Don’t go throwing facts into the conversation πŸ™‚

At least my English history predates the juvenile delinquent country on the unfashionable side of the Atlantic…

Participant

Unusual game for me to mention as it lacks miniatures, but I like the look of it and at $45 it’s bloody cheap (free shipping in UK, Canada and us) compared to most games.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1281146833/the-opulent?ref=category_newest

Participant

Didn’t Homer Simpson say “You can prove anything with FACTS”

KickStarters must be supporting part of the Chinese Economy these days. How many different ones does CMoN have in production or should I say waiting production after the CNY restart ? Do CMoN have faction fights to determine whose project jumps to the head of the production queue.

Opulent ….. running a 1920s Speakeasy. Not much could go wrong with that enterprize :). A lot of mob interference possible.
    Love the Broadway style font too.

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.