Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I look at it as an RPG resource. Those cards would make great NPC’s for a 1920’s era setting..,

Participant

This popped up today.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1000723637/relicblade-adventure-battle-game

Plays on a 2 x 2 map and takes 45 mins to complete. Thinking about the $6 PDF pledge and print my own as I have loads of miniatures and the shipping was not cheap to UK.

Keymaster

“…the games only last around 45 minutes. Games are fast paced, dynamic, and exciting. It’s not unusual to play several games over the course of a couple drinks.”

I’m definitely a faster drinker than he is.

$99 is very pricey for 11 figs, a rulebook and a deck of cards. But let us know if you ever play it!

Participant

That’s why I was thinking the PDF at $6. Postage started at $15 I think and soon hit $25+ for physical product.

It would need a lot of stretch goals to make it worthwhile.

I seldom drink much and game… I can lose sober.

Speaking of which…

Imperial Assault: Temptation Side Quest. Three players, so two activation token first round for the Jedi who had picked up mobility.

Reached the closed door and opened it at end of round 1. Jedi chose the end of round 1 option of move two and attack twice. Only threat level 3, so Darth had 6 health…. Dead in one round… Took me longer to set up the map than it did to lose embarrassingly 🙁

Keymaster

I feel a bit sorry for the guy. He’s obviously dedicated and enthusiastic, but why go ahead if you can only work it out at that price point? It dooms the campaign from the start.

IA side quest: now that sounds like a drink-long game! 🙂

Participant

I needed a drink after…

I’m losing 4:0 so far… I may need a beach to run out to if I actually win one…

Participant

And another one:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/freylis/shattered-earth-emergence

Good grief. Miniatures games are getting more and more expensive by the month! The backdrop and fluff is very interesting, though. As is the fact you can do different types of damage rather than the standard physical damage.

Keymaster

I hate to rain on the parade of guys fulfilling their dreams, but you have to come up with something a damn site more interesting thematically, sculpturally and mechanically to induce me to part with that kind of money and invest in yet another miniatures tabletop skirmish game. There’s just too much competition. I’m really beginning to think the industry is falling into a rut, at the risk of sounding like a doomsayer.

One thing I blame is 3D generated models. It may make miniatures cheaper to produce (a frightening thought, considering they’re already so expensive), but I think the personality and flair that comes from a hand-sculpted mini has been completely lost. The minis for all these Kickstarter games are all starting to look the same. That’s why I backed Wrath of Kings, because at least those models had some personality.

Participant

Heh. It’s not going to get better:

I will say though… those elephant men are tempting 😉

Keymaster

Seriously, a kid lowering his voice in order to sound epic in a Kickstarter promo video does not inspire your backers with confidence. At least get your Dad to do it, for god’s sake!

Participant

Sighhhh… I know. I actually gave him some feedback after the first KS failed to fund. Some he took, others he couldn’t for lack of funds. The videos especially, suffered because of this. But the guy’s a really nice guy. What can I say? (shrugs).

Keymaster

I do wish him the very best fulfilling his dreams. He’s a braver man than I, Gunga Din!

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.