Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 73 through 84 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    KentKent
    Participant

Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia Coming To Kickstarter

CMON just announced their next Kickstarter: Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia. Looks to be a spin-off of Arcadia Quest. Players will be exploring randomly generated dungeons but other than that not much info has been released yet. Will be on KS next week.

Edit: Managed to find an old video of a demo at Gen Con 2015. Looks to be heavily based on dice rolls. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jtfaY2_u1E

Keymaster

I wish they’d stop making these kiddy-style miniatures games, they do absolutely nothing for me.

Participant

Look on the bright side… if they do nothing for you… it saves you money… no pledging 🙂

KentKent
    Participant

They definitely are basing their minis for this and Arcadia Quest (and a few others I think) on the ‘Chibi’ style of anime. ‘Chibi’ anime typically has the oversized heads on small bodies. It sucks because they definitely make some very nice and detailed models, just wish it wasn’t in that style.

Participant

Twisted is appealing…

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1884748152/twisted-a-steampunk-miniatures-game/description

…but I don’t think I can afford to add it to my collection as a two player starter is expensive.

However, for a paltry £2.50 I can get the rules and all the cards, but that would require a lot of proxy.

Participant

@8th the only thing appealing about Twisted right now are the minis and terrain. We haven’t seen anything about the rules yet. (Unless they updated while I was asleep) 😀

Participant

Closest thing to Twiated rules is one stat card last I saw.

Relic Blade has funded and unlocked a stretch goal. I’m only in for the PDF of that, because of the high price for what you get and shipping…

But I hope the guy does well with his game. He seems genuinely enthusiastic and his updates sincere… his baby is growing up 🙂

Participant

Re: Twisted. They’ve teased the rules for The Engine. So looks like backers had better like games with “Deus ex machina” mechanics built into the system.

For me, it makes skirmish games a bit more interesting and certainly brings something different enough for me to want to get 2 factions to play with (on top of all the other skirmish games I already have).

Participant

Widowers Wood is slow progress for Privateer Press. They hit 200% funding at 200k, but not a well designed KS as there’s no add-ons to tempt in the punters and add funding surges. It may struggle to unlock the stretch goals listed at the moment.

CMON’s latest kiddi game shot through funding in seconds as usual and early bird was gone as quickly. Not my sort of game though.

Participant

Masmorra? Chibi appeals to the Asian market, where a lot of Japanese style stuff sells well. Krosmaster tournaments are big in this part of the world. Apparently, those who play the game say if you can overlook the minis, the game itself is very deep and tactical.

Widower’s Wood: yeah. Slow going hitting the SG’s and shipping to Malaysia costs a fortune because PP plan to ship the games all the way from the USA. Did you see their shiping charges for China? $60-70! And the game is manufactured there! I was interested in the game, but the high cost of shipping put me off. Sure, I paid as much for Z:BP and 7 sins… but there was at least double the minis compared to Widowers Wood. Sad to say, PP are not even trying.

Oh well… looks like my wallet is safe for this one. I’ll probably put the funds to Twisted instead 😉

Participant

It puts me off when shipping is too close to the cost of the game itself, so I don’t blame you holding back.

I’m sticking with Widowers Wood and I think many will disappointed to find that the miniatures are not tournament legal for Hordes due to irregularities in the bases. That can be fixed with rebasing I guess

I’m not a tournament player, so can use them in my own games with a friend and they are fine for the RPG sessions.

Even the dice in that Masmorra (spellchecker corrected that to mascara… I hate spellcheckers) look childish.

Participant

On the Widower’s Wood comments page, Privateer Press have said that Widower’s Wood may not be going to retail and the only way to guarantee getting it is via the Kickstarter…

I think PP are making a big mistake, as people will feel that they are being coerced into buying the game.

Given the slow progress of the campaign, I was going to drop out and buy at retail. I can get Undercity for half what the Widower’s Wood KS will cost by the time postage is added. I know there are KS exclusives and an expansion pack, but at the slow rate of progress it won’t be many more extras added.

PP may expect a sudden increase in funding, but it could go the other way…

And this might put people off backing PP again…

We shall see…

Viewing 12 posts - 73 through 84 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.