Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 85 through 96 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@8th: that, plus the plastic for the minis… nice designs, good production, but man, is that plastic ever bendy!

(Basing this off Level 7: Omega Protocol that I do own, plus comments from others that say the Undercity minis are the same quality).

Participant

Yep. Undercity are bendy. Apparently they can go hard if you boil in water 30 seconds and then drop in ice water 30 seconds. Not tried it.

KentKent
    Participant

Relicblade looks super interesting, I love the minis design (especially the heroes). I just wish I wasn’t broke, I’d totally be in for the 99$ one.

I hate when companies make games KS exclusive. I really don’t like purchasing a game until I see reviews for it and not just KS gameplay videos. Maybe they should focus on making the best game possible so they are confident it will have a post-KS market…

Participant

@8th: no, the hot/cold water bath doesn’t harden the plastic. Just straightens it. (From my L7:OP set).

ozmoozmo
    Participant

I’m currently in for Masmorra. I backed Arcadia Quest Inferno not having played the game, but thinking I would. And I figured it would ebay well if I didn’t like it. I picked up Arcadia Quest last week with some amazon gift cards and…

I really like it. I’m not a fan of the miniature chibi style but my wife & kids like it. But the game is just fun. Reminds of the old video game Gauntlet with PvP. Tried it at my game group and I think there will be a line to play it next week. I had two of them ask me to add more sets to my AQ: Inferno pledge.

The game play of Masmorra interests me. And more AQ options isn’t a bad thing. Well except if you don’t like the look of them. 🙂

Participant

Another co-op/solo dungeon crawl.

UK based, so watching it,but not backing it at present.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/53406598/darklight-memento-mori-miniatures-dungeon-crawler

Nothing leaps out and says ‘buy me’, but at least they have rules and lore.

Personally, I’d change name of demons. Skorn is a bit close to Skorne and may rouse the ire of Privateer Press.

Keymaster

It looks professional enough, but there’s no way I’m buying another dungeoncrawler. ENOUGH! The genre is exhausted!

Participant

I know what you mean…. but…. that’s like saying there are enough RPGs, or enough skirmish games.

People always want more because the one they have is not perfect. Something always niggles, no matter how good the game.

Participant

I put up with the niggles because of a severe lack of the stuff that makes backing all these kickstarters possible 😀

KentKent
    Participant

Not sure how much historical war gaming you guys do but I have been following/backed this Kickstarter:

I really like the miniatures from Unfeasibly even if they end up more as displays than gaming pieces.

Keymaster

Weeeell … they look like the kind of minis that were made in about 1985 to me: out of proportion, chunky, and static. 🙂

KentKent
    Participant

I prefer to refer to them as ‘classically styled’ 😛

Probably just appeal to me because less detail = easier to paint for less skilled folks like myself.

Viewing 12 posts - 85 through 96 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.