Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2016

Viewing 12 posts - 97 through 108 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

They certainly are classically styled, I’ll give you that. 🙂

KentKent
    Participant

This looks pretty interesting. I’m always a sucker for post-apocalyptic themes. I’m already backing too many kickstarters as it is, thinking I’ll just grab the rulebook and proxy my own minis. Think I might download the demo rules PDF and try a game this weekend.

Participant

I already downloaded the PDF and quality good looks for demo rules, but not actually read it yet.

I’m thinking of following the proxy route myself and just getting the book.

Keymaster

Funny, I haven’t seen anything tempt me to Kickstarter for a while now. CMON are about to run an expansion Kickstarter for Rum & Bones. Personally I think it’s too soon, they should have waited longer until people got more play out of the original game. As it is I’ve only played the game a few times, so I don’t really have any urge to get more stuff for it.

I don’t know how Wrath of Kings went for them, but I reckon they’re missing the chance to do a similar campaign, but this time set in an interesting scifi universe with lots of personality – not grimdark, not hard scifi, but something more fun and imaginative.

KentKent
    Participant

I think it also depends on what you look for on Kickstarter. Along with checking out full games to follow, I also browse for sets of miniatures/terrain/bits to support. I’m a sucker for interesting or unique minis and end up pledging to a lot of campaigns that offer cool looking miniatures. By the time all the campaigns come to fruition I think I may be in over my head with minis…

Never heard of Wrath of Kings but looking at the Kickstarter and I definitely feel like I missed out. Mega pack of 220 minis for 200$? Not a bad deal… Do you have a video on the game? Might have to check it out.

Keymaster
    Participant

I can vouch for Wrath of Kings being a fun game… although I think the game plays here on EoG make the game even MORE fun (since it’s not easy to have a beach nearby to perform a victory dance when we win a game) 😀

Participant

@ UH: “they’re missing the chance to do a similar campaign, but this time set in an interesting scifi universe with lots of personality – not grimdark, not hard scifi, but something more fun and imaginative.”

Sounds like this is right up your alley :

Introducing TOYMALLET!!!! 😀

Participant

@UH “but I reckon they’re missing the chance to do a similar campaign, but this time set in an interesting scifi universe with lots of personality – not grimdark, not hard scifi…”

I think you’re looking for a Flash Gordon inspired game… a winged Brian Blessed on the gaming table with a Queen soundtrack in the background…

Keymaster

If I wanted that, I’d just buy Age of Sigmar. 🙂

Keymaster

Toymallet! (shudder)

Participant

Oh yes. The route of all evil… Sigmar.

Does it have ray guns, bad acting and a very shouty birdman with a beard?

Viewing 12 posts - 97 through 108 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.