Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2017

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Participant

If you’re only playing with friends, you can always ignore the errata.

The rules and cards only really matter for tournament play,

Participant

I’m really ticked off about the Mk.III cards for Cryx as well.

First, PP couldn’t get the faction balance right. Now there’s errata… meh. Never again will I pay for just the unit card upgrades. That was 4 faction’s worth of Mk.III cards down the drain.

There’s a site that does scans of the cards and I’ll probably use those stats to do my own in the future.

Participant

Back on topic. A small, contained board game that doesn’t cost a bomb if you keep to the basic pledge. And incredibly reasonable shipping.

Hopefully the game play is as good as the previews seem to suggest.

Keymaster

Ye olde ‘work your way through the tile stack’. Definitely a ‘wait until it’s released and read the reviews’ for me.

Participant

But it’s cheap 😉

(As long as you get the base pledge and don’t get sucked into the bling and extras).

Also, UH… the creators have given almost the full game for prospective backers to download and try. Granted, it’s a pain to PnP… but I always respect creators who do that. Let the game stand on its own merits, no need to over the top Stretch Goals to push the funding. It’s a needed antidote for KS excesses of the past (talking about me spending unconscionable amounts of $$$ on them) and a start towards the path of rehabilitation 😀

Participant

Just received my pledge manager for Siege of the Citadel. I was surprised to find I had pledged at Dark Legion… maybe I clicked the wrong button. Had intended to get just the base game, but apparently my finger wanted more.

Now I have to make even more shelf space.

No add-ons for me this time.

Keymaster

I’m exactly the same, I thought I’d just got the base game but I just opened the Pledge Manager and I’m at Dark Legion pledge too! Well it was easy to skip over all those add-ons and thankfully I didn’t have to pay any more.

Participant

This popped up on KS today. Simple looking card game, but could be fun and cheap-ish. Downside is postage high compared to cost of the game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1504466921/orcquest-the-card-game

Participant

CK…

Smog: Rise of Moloch is on KS.

Early birds gone already. Only 640 of them which seems low.

I’m watching, but not sure about it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/the-world-of-smog-rise-of-moloch

Participant

Just noticed they have put January 2018 for delivery. That sets them up nicely for a 3 to 6 month delay as they will be just late enough for Chinese new year to interfere with things… again. They really need to learn about that.

Assuming that the new president allows them to import from China…

Keymaster

Looks pretty good, and seems pretty good value. And I do like the theme.

Not as impressed with the grey board with the terrain tiles plonked on it.

And I really wish it wasn’t another ‘one vs the others’ game. No one seems to make straight-up competitive games anymore!

Participant

Yeah! Does look interesting, but I’ll end up as the ‘one’ again, so not sure about it.

No doubt it will unlock loads.

Feels like the $20 expansion should be part of the core game and not effectively an addon.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.