Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2017

• This topic has 78 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Avatar8th.
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Cheers mate.

Participant

UK shipping of Mythic Battles dropped from $40 to $31, similar for US and most of europe.

However, still lots of complaints from some areas, Russia and Brazil in particular, but I seem to recall that they often have very high shipping.

Hope not too silly for down under shipping.

Participant

Russia and Brazil have always had high shipping (from what I know).

Participant

Managed to control my spending on Mythic Battles: Pantheon, just added the Compendium as extra scenarios always good.

I know there is a lot of stuff worth adding, but so many stretch goals that I can play for a very long time with many different combos of gods, monsters, heroes and troops.

And storing such a monster game would be a serious problem… and I’d be painting for years… might be with just stretch goals anyway.

I know they’re doing a Norse sequel, but unless the gameplay is significantly different than MB:P I can’t see the point.

Answered my Smog survey and restrained myself there too, just the core game… I can always change my mind later.

Keymaster

I agree with you, I’m keep MB very simple too. With Smog, I’m getting all the figures as I’m looking forward to creating some kind of hybrid tabletop skirmish system with them.

Participant

I was checking in on progress of Elite Dangerous RPG and found this when I did…

“Elite: Dangerous Role Playing Game (ED RPG) is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable.
    If you are interested in this project, please check back later. Thanks for your patience.”

Oops!

Participant

Huh. Thought those guys already obtained the license?

Man, Elite. Brings back memories of playing on the ZX Spectrum. Wireframe graphics only.

Participant

Seem to recall discussion on the merits of 50mm skirmish gaming… well one has popped up on KS.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1715915786/mauser-earth-war-for-paris-a-dieselpunk-miniatures

Doesn’t really inspire me, but thought I’d mention it.

Keymaster

Those designs were by SmartMax, who did the original 54mm Smog. Looks they (or the person they’ve sold it all too) is trying to kick it off again, this time using Kickstarter. Still in large scale though, which I personally think is a mistake. And after Dust, Incursion, Tannhauser, and any number of other weird war games … well there really is nothing new here, is there?

I’m getting cynical in me old age …

Keymaster

I went to the Mythic Battles pledge manager and they’re trying to get me to pay $62 for a straight $99 pledge. There is no way I’m paying that when Conan was $44. If it doesn’t come down I’m cancelling my pledge.

Something very fishy going on there.

Participant

Lots of complaints about that pledge manager and shipping. Some heavy plastic in mythic battles, but my shipping was $31 before I added Compendium and only went up a couple of dollars after I added it.

Keymaster

They’re using fufillment companies, it shouldn’t be that high. I’ve never paid that much for any Kickstarter, and some of them have been huge. Bloody hell, it’s two-thirds the cost of the pledge.

Maybe they’re building in extra to cover contingencies, probably after losing money on the Conan Kickstarter.

If it’s staying at $62 I’m going to have a good think about whether I can be bothered buying this particular game. I’m certainly not buying any add-ons.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.