Home Forums The Kitchen Kickstarter 2017

Viewing 7 posts - 73 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I know postage is a lot, but there are 86 miniatures in addition to the core game and some are huge.

For me it’s working out about $1 per miniature and FFG games cost a similar sum for a lot less plastic.

Not sure why I’m defending them to be honest.

Keymaster

Me neither! 🙂 I’ve got KS deliveries with three times that number of minis for nowhere near that shipping cost. If other companies can use fulfilment companies to get reasonable charges, why can’t they?

They’re shooting themselves in the foot with this, because many people (including me) won’t back future campaigns if shipping is so high.

Knock CMON all you want, but at least they’re shipping costs are good value.

Keymaster

Just got another box full of Rum & Bones 2 stuff which I’d forgotten about (except for the Upgrade Kit, which I was expecting). I now officially have enough R&B variety to last until Doomsday and beyond, and I didn’t get any add-ons…

I don’t know how CMON manages to ship things so affordably when Monolith charges so much for shipping Mythic Battles.

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

Cmon is great regarding shipping costs…and not only with KS…I really am tempted to get the WoK and Dark Age stuff directly from them…even with fees its not that much more then retail….if retail had the stuff that is 🙁

Keymaster

I see they’ve just announced another tabletop miniatures game: A Song of Ice and Fire.

You know, I’m really sick of A Game of Thrones. Enough already!

Participant

I never got into Game of Thrones. Thrones and zombies… like you said… enough.

Participant

And speaking of enough… I had too many games on my kickstarter list that seemed a good idea at the time, but now seem unlikely to get played.

Already got so many I barely get chance to get off the shelf, so I have requested a few refunds that should be processed in the next couple of weeks.

I don’t like doing this, especially as I lose a bit of cash as they deduct KS fees, but better to lose a little than spend a lot and never get chance to play the game.

From now on, I’m going to try to control my impulse to back things that look cool and have lots of plastic in the box.

Viewing 7 posts - 73 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.