Home Forums The Gaming Room Kickstarter miniatures games

Viewing 12 posts - 109 through 120 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@CK Lai… stop tempting me. I will resist… this time.

I went crazy on Warmachine/Hordes… that’s enough sinning.

Started with Cygnar and Mercs. Added Circle through a Starter Set which means I have a small Legion army for RPG purposes.

Then I looked at how many of my mercs (lot of pirates for RPG campaign) would fight for Cryx and so bought a Battlegroup… but the Satyxis look so cool… so they are swarming now.

Now I can field four 50 point armies and by allying mercs can field both Cryx/Merc and Cygnar/Merc at 100 points.

And UH… I think the general topic of discussion on the forums is how weak we are when it comes to not buying games and how OCD we are about the ones we do buy 🙂

Participant

“I think the general topic of discussion on the forums is how weak we are when it comes to not buying games and how OCD we are about the ones we do buy”

Yup. Sounds like me 😉

So I took a deeper look at the revamped Folklore. Looks very nice except… the combat… the character sheets… I know it’s all meat to seasoned RPGers… but nowadays, I want my games to be short(er), with streamlined rules etc.

Folklore will definitely strike a chord with the RPG crowd, though. And those who go in for this sort of thing.

Participant

I’m an RPG player(GM mainly) with boardgames and wargames as sideline, although in last few years the latter two have been catching up moneywise with the former.

Pledged to Infinity RPG today.

Participant

I have to pick up the Hordes Starter Box every time I walk into the shop that sells it and then regretfully put it back on the shelf.

@ 8thPagan – maybe CMoN will sell the Heart Tokens separately in their shop later.
    They have had them for a while as they were using them in their Wrath of Kings videos. I was going to get some with the Other but thought I should use some of the Eldritch/Arkham Horror cardboard heart tokens instead.

I’ve been manfully trying to ignore the Infinity RPG – it should be a great source of background info and illustrations though for the miniatures game too.

Participant

If you want Infinity as mainly resource for miniatures game, £40 gets you everything in PDF, so no shipping. I’m only in at £60 which gets me rules in print to, but I will inevitably get GM screen as add-on and probably GM book.

I can’t go for all in print at £300. That’s insane on an untried game system and setting I’m not sure about.

Participant

@ 8thPagan: maybe you can piggy back on another The Others backer for the heart and tentacle tokens? Depending on where you are, naturally. I’d help but shipping from Malaysia will cost.

Participant

The tokens would be nice, but want and need different animals. World won’t end without them.

Participant

Not exactly a miniature game, but my Thunderbirds Kickstarter arrived today. Just the base game, expansions will be shipped December.

Seemed appropriate to back it this year, as International Rescue are 50.

Keymaster

Let us know what it’s like when you’ve had a chance to play it.

Participant

Two more miniature games….

Z-War looks interesting. I like the comic book idea and different enough from Zombicide. Pity that volume 3&4 of it will be later KS and not stretch goals.

I have pledged, but may drop out if the stretch goals are not enough as its quite expensive for so few miniatures.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1519152481/z-war-one-damnation?ref=users

Fathoms I am watching, but not read up on it enough yet to make a decision.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redplume/fathoms?ref=users

Participant

Tried a Thunderbirds solo game, but in keeping with the standards set by EOG, I got the rules wrong.

To win you have to thwart three of the Hood’s schemes. I assumed that the two lines of requirements on the second scheme were optional ways to complete it, but you have to complete both of them.

So I won, but got it wrong.

Initial impressions were ok, but until I have played it correctly, I can’t judge it fairly, but one thing in it’s favour is the relatively short duration of 45-60 minutes, making it a good filler game.

The second wave of Kickstarter expansions in December will enhance the game though.

Keymaster

Got Blood Rage yesterday, and it blew me away. Great value.

Neither Z-War or Fathoms interst me. The former because, well, zombies, and the latter, though I like the theme, looks a bit undeveloped and (to me) risky to back, and I dislike stiff-looking computer-modelled miniatures.

Viewing 12 posts - 109 through 120 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.