Home Forums The Gaming Room Kickstarter miniatures games

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Not had chance to play Blood Rage yet. Did you buy any add-ons?

As for the two games I mentioned, I felt duty bound to mention them.

Fathoms does look a bit iffy.

Blackout is moving very slowly and I will avoid as it’s failed twice already.

As for Z-War… I just like the comic idea, gives it a plot. Zombicide doesn’t really have a plot. And I may yet drop out. Depends if the stretch goals are interesting.

Keymaster

Foolishly I didn’t get the 5th player add-on (especially since my usual game group is 5 players), but luckily Will got it and offered it to me as he would rarely if ever have 5 players.

Participant

I didn’t need it as at best I will have 4 players, but Blood Rage was a bargain game with so few add-ons and I was planning a Norse RPG (which fell through as one player was not interested).

Participant

I quite like the style of Z-War especially the map tiles (they remind me of computer games). The mini game looks interesting as well. I even kind of like the model of the guy with the assault rifle or SMG with the big head. But I don’t know if I had to have another Zombie type game.

Fathoms does not seem to be quite there yet. I think it really needs some gameplay videos. In theory it sounds interesting but the aquatic part could be ok but will probably be unsatisfying like 2D space combat.

Blackout seems promising. Were these the guys who pulled the plug after passing the KS goal but not achieving much in the way of stretch goals ? The Rathounds are cute.

Participant

Yep. Black Out funded and plug was pulled.

GraydethGraydeth
    Participant

two KS games i am interested in:
    Super Dungeon Explore 2nd edition (should launch today, wed 10/21, at 3pm EST)
    Dropfleet Commander (should launch Oct 30 or 31)

regarding Blackout, i like the theme. still, it’s on at the same time as Sword and Sorcery and Folklore the Affliction – which look like coop dungeon crawlers as well. (and Gloomhaven just ended).

Participant

Super Dungeon Explore has funded already. Not keen on the look of the miniatures…. Manga kids is what I see.

Keymaster

Yes, doesn’t interest me at all.

Participant

Watched Undead Viking review of Z-War. More I see, more I want it. Regret pledging to Zombicide Black Plague now.

GraydethGraydeth
    Participant

much like all aesthetics, it will hit a chord with you or not. for me, the chibi figures of Super Dungeon Explore hits that Final Fantasy (old games) nostalgia. if my understanding of it is correct, the gameplay is also thematically centered on old JRPG type games.

on the other hand, the $150 and $200 level pledges bring me back to reality.

Participant

Believe it or not… there’s another horror miniatures game… with no zombies!!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/809492703/pandemonium-fantasy-survival-horror-and-miniatures/description

I like the idea of just torso miniatures, allows for more detail. And there’s an ‘Ash’ Stretch Goal (at least I assume the guy with a chainsaw arm and ‘boomstick’ is him 🙂 )

More than half way to funded already, but I’m not ready to commit as I need to know more. And early bird only saves $6, so not a great deal to worry about.

*Edit: Just watched the turn video and that put me off. Saves me some money I guess.

Participant

Alchemy has arrived on Kickstarter. Get your credit card ready CK 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.