Home Forums The Gaming Room Kickstarter miniatures games

Viewing 12 posts - 133 through 144 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@8th: LOL! Way ahead of you! Pledged for the Naashti. Wasn’t too keen on the Utopians… but I suppose I can pick ’em up as an add on later. The older factions are a pretty good deal right now, compared to what they’re asking for on the store.

Pick up 2 factions and a Game Pack and you’re ready to go!

Participant

Folklore and Z-War are trickling along at the moment and Blackout seems to have stalled.

Super dungeon and Cthulhu Wars are two big drains on funds.

But Battletech, Scythe and 7th Continent are the ones that surprise me as they all have massive funding and I can’t really see why!

Participant

Battletech is a PC game. Explains the millions involved. More PC gamers than board gamers.

Looked at Scythe and 7th Continent again. Unimpressed.

Participant

If I hadn’t sworn off backing PC games, Battletech would be on my list. Turn based Battletech. Haven’t played that since the days of the Amiga 500.

Scythe: a 4x game with a Steampunk theme. What’s not to like? I backed but pulled out as the mechanics are too fiddly for me nowadays. But gorgeous production values.

Participant

Looks too much like Command and Conquer PC games and they bore me.

Mechwarrior a few years back put me off mechs. Very awkward interface as I recall. Prefer board games and RPGs to PC gaming.

Although I do play Guild Wars 2 and that’s just launched an expansion… a very buggy one… two fatal crashes in an hour.

Participant

Mechwarrior back then as a tabletop game was a real pain. You had a chart to denote damage for each part of the Mech. Then you had to manage Heat. Plus all the other bits of record-keeping… I enjoyed it for what it was back then, but when the computer version game out, I abandoned it and never looked back.

That game was shareware IIRC, with very basic graphics but it translated the board game perfectly.

This new one: I hope it streamlines the Mechwarrior game a bit more and gives a decent UI, plus a bit of RPG elements (although the emphasis will be on Mech combat). Harebrained Games are the ones behind the Shadowrun Returns CRPG so I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Participant

I wonder if Blackout will be pulled again. It is funded $93K but the stretch goals extend way off to $300K.
    Looks like the creator is hoping for a big surge in the last two days “We still have 18 days left and there will be exciting unlocks occurring, many of those happening in the last 48 hours.

Z-War has a certain charm and has doubled its funding goal but the Zombie Apocalypse is a crowded and competitive territory these days.

And now another survival horror Kickstarter – Pandemonium

The gimmick for this one is large legless torsos as play pieces (except for the Nightmare figure). So you can’t really kid yourself about using these figures in other games if you don’t like this one. This is already funded with 26days to go.

Participant

I think Black Out will be pulled again.

Pledged to Z-War and even though I’m in UK and get free postage, I’m not confident about this one unless funding goes considerably higher.

Pademondium put me off with gameplay video and foreign language games often have poorly translated rules, making it harder to play. Getting it right in English is hard enough.

Participant

Another skirmish game with an interesting setting and some nice sculpts, but very expensive for so few miniatures. It’s an expansion, but can be stand alone with core rules add-on.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1620970905/norsgard-second-wave?ref=users

And for those looking for battle mats to fight over…

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/894915348/kraken-mat-a-gaming-mat-for-tabletop-wargames?ref=users

Keymaster

Bad timing for the Norse theme just after Blood Rage. And really tired of seeing wolf-headed warriors now!

The mats are nice, but too pricey.

Participant

Mats priced out of my range, but some people have money to splash around.

Where are the bunny headed warriors?

Participant

Hey, UH: if you’re tired of seeing wolf-headed Norse warriors… you can always sell me your Blood Rage pledge 😀

The Kraken mats are nice… a bit pricey, but… buying 4 2 x 2 mats is even pricier! Still, I’ve sworn Alkemy will be my final Kickstarter and I’m doing my best to stick to that!

Viewing 12 posts - 133 through 144 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.