Home Forums The Gaming Room Kickstarter miniatures games

Viewing 12 posts - 217 through 228 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@Razide : yes. Thank goodness my rule book was in English. I think ours got shipped out later so they caught the error? Was yours in English as well?

What? You’ve already painted your minis???!!!!

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

HOly crap!! Everything painted already? Amazing!

Thanks for the batrep. Sounds like a fun game. I’m a little disappointed they “Bad guys” are little dots, instead of minis though. Will they be selling more minis to fill those roles?

As for Z:BP, I played my friend’s copy, and I gotta say, it’s exactly the refreshed approach that game needed. I will be incorporating a lot of the updated rules into my original games. Glad you finally got your copy.

Participant

@ Wonderslug: If you’re referring to the “little dots” for MERCS Recon… those are just heat signature blips. When you move into LOS, you draw an event card and resolve who they are… so when you read of encountering employees or Security Forces, you’ll replace the coloured discs with their minis.

Having said that… only the Secfor 1 to 4 have minis. The employee minis are still being manufactured as KS bonuses.

However: What you’ll get in the retail box are discs with artwork (like in Descent 2E or Star Wars: Imperial Assault) to replace the coloured discs. So like those 2 FFG games, you’ll have to buy an add-on pack for the employees.

As for Z:BP… I played the intro quest last night and it was lots of fun! Perfect gateway game. Simple rules (once you get the hang of double spawns) and fun gameplay. I might feel differently once the tougher KS bonus zombies arrive next year, though ;

Participant

Yes my rule book was in English but some of those in Australia who rec’d the game earlier had the French version.

Played through the Shepherds last night. The game plays very smoothly.
    Afterwards realised I’ve been playing the Abomination wrong ! I was killing him off with a Greatsword which can potentially land 5 hits in a single attack and also the Inferno combat spell (potential of 4x2wounds) or the Orcish Crossbow.

Participant

Black Plague figures painted up so far. I intended to have the zombies more of a grey monotone but I’m tired of them. The Survivors and the Necromancer may have a bit more detail work if I get inspired later.

Shock – my Eden-Escape bots arrived today – only 3 though. I thought there were supposed to be more.

Participant

@Razide: Ahhhhh…!!!! Each hit does one damage! I could’ve been mowing down scores of zombies with my Orcish Crossbow!!! How did I miss that? And ditto Baldric with his Inferno spell!!! 😮

Abomination: haha. Yes. Only Dragon Bile & fire will do him in. Nothing else (in the base game) can.

I played 3 games today. 1 Intro and 2 “Hunting Big Game”. Very nice and smooth… although managing the zombie hordes and necromancers was tough.

Participant

@CK – according to the rulebook (p18) Samson can also kill off the Abomination at red level with his +1 damage melee skill combined with his 2 damage melee weapon.
    Hmmm – need pay more attention to these rules such as the Fatty requiring a 2Damage weapon hit to be killed not just simply 2 hits from any old weapon. Seems I’ve been playing the super simple rules based on the total number of hit damage not the actual damage value (ie armour penetration type of thing).

Here are links to my painted figures:
    ZBP-survivors
    Z:BP figures

Broke out Battlefleet Gothic last night for some cruiser on cruiser action. Great fun. I’d really like to see a revisit on that game.

A Z:BP style dashboard would be a nice improvement to Eldritch or Arkham Horror to handle items and tracking wounds & abilities.

Participant

@Razide : Yup, you’re right. Forgot about Samson. I’ve never been able to take him up high enough to Red Level to take advantage of that, though. Silas and Baldric are easy. The others, less so.

Nice painted figures… I think I’m going to go all monochrome with my zombies… like a set I saw posted on a blog for regular Zombicide. Easier and faster to paint 😉 The Survivors still get regular paint jobs though.

Yeah, I think CMON has set the bar for player dashboards. Won’t be surprised to see more games including plastic dashboards like these in the future, with pegs to keep track of stats. They are so handy and convenient compared to the normal way (cards and chits).

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

If they sold these dashboards with character cards for “old” zombiecide, they’d have my money.

The pegs! The pegs make it so much easier to keep track of choices!

My favorite character so far has been the nun with her Bloodlust: Melee skill. Give her a great sword and it’s pretty nasty.

Participant

@WonderSlug : You already have the plastic dashboards!

I know some folks on BGG have already designed modern-Zombicide character cards to fit them. They’ve also decided to use the Z:BP rules (where applicable) for modern Zombicide. (3 hit points instead of 2, hitting a Survivor in Ranged Combat, etc.)

I don’t think you need to spend extra $$$ to buy new dashboards… especially when we haven’t even received the bonus Hero Pack with the extra dashboards yet.

My favourite characters : I do like Ann, but I’m really torn between Silas and Baldric. I love how they can kill multiple zombies when they have the right spells or weapons in hand… not to mention the Vault treasures!

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

@CK Lai well technically, I have “access” to them. My best friend owns BP, not me. But I see your point. I’ll have to check out the BGG files. Thanks for the tip.

Oh yeah, definitely will be using some of the newer rules in vanilla Zombiecide. Non-automatic survivor hits on ranged attacks makes so much more sense, and actually makes for more interesting decisions to be allowed.

My favorite thing about the vaults is the increased movement capacity built into them. Very fun to pop in and out on different sides of the board, especially with ranged characters.

Participant

I want to now be able to use WoK’s Zombicide Alyana Heska aka Elena in BP. She has similar skills to Ann. Her figure is slightly smaller than the BP figures though.

I saw a plastic version of the dash board for Eldritch Horror recently but they were over $20 each !
    And not as elegant as these BP ones.

Wulfsburg comes with another 4 dashboards also on top of the two in the “Hero box-1” . So with the Knight level pledge you would have 12 dash boards in total.

Sort of wish I had gone for the deck holder set now. However I think you could print out the picture of them at the correct size on thicker card board to make your own

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/082/352/421a518085a209ba5bbd58d83af1e386_original.png?v=1435849624&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=11b0aaf552b6831555fe9cb80a75f71f

Viewing 12 posts - 217 through 228 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.