Home Forums The Gaming Room Kickstarter miniatures games

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

That’s one of the things that’s irksome to me.

It’s called 7 Sins, SEVEN!!!

All of the pre-launch hype, for over a year actually if you follow the Studio McVey forums, has featured each sin figure, and their supporting casts. They’ve highlighted them all on their own, hyping up the release of this game.

Then the core box only has 2 sins included…

Not cool, CMON. Not cool at all.

Participant

I weakened. Pledged. But if I don’t like how the kickstarter is going I can always back out before the end.

Greed almost unlocked as a box, which suggests some will be addons.

If they are going in the order hinted at in the video it will end with lust.

Should be an 8th sin… Kickstarter addict.

Keymaster

I think Greed and Lust cover that. 🙂

Participant

I wonder if the Others will reach $4M with 20,000 backers like Z:BlackPlague ? There is still another 3 weeks to go so maybe they will have all the Sins unlocked by then.
    Seems the KS would be the most economical way to go if the other 5 sins are included free.

The gameplay looks interesting but I’d like to see another play through video.

Keymaster

I think they’ve probably worked it all out so they can drip-feed the other Sins, but the strategy may be backfiring a bit because some are annoyed that it doesn’t come with all 7 right at the start. Anyway, 4 of them are in the bag and they’ve got a long way to go.

Participant

Is there some sort of disclaimer on the box ?
    Because the game is titled “The Others: 7 Sins” and wouldn’t that be false advertising if there are only 2 in the retail box or will the retail box be re-titled or stickered “The Others: 2 Sins” to avoid potential consumer claims.

Participant

Dropped my Others pledge to $1.

Not liking the the look of the miniatures. Normally I can re-use the miniatures for RPG, but short of Warhammer fantasy, not sure what game the monsters would blend with.

And the gameplay video was off-putting, not sure it is compatible with my gaming group.

I prefer co-op games where we all are part of the same same team, or competitive where it’s every man for himself. Semi co-op with what is effectively a GM leaves me vs them and I’m usually GM in the RPG.

Dropped to a $1 so I get updates, but unless something awesome emerges, I will reclaim that before the end.

Participant

The add-on for Others looks more interesting than core game and the sculpts are better looking. I’d buy that for the miniatures at retail… but still not convinced about about the whole thing as kickstarter.

Keymaster

Add-ons annoy me, but if they must have them, they should be nearer the end of the campaign. After I’ve dropped $100 on a game, for a while at least I want to see what I’m getting, not what I’d get if I paid yet another $30.

Participant

I know what you mean. Addons should add something to the game.a lot of the time they just add guest artists. But its all about making money.

On the plus side,the add-on is not KS exclusive, so you can ‘just say no’ and leave it until later.

Participant

The Gamma Team box is somewhat disappointing in the translation between the artwork and the sculpts. The Gorilla and female werewolf and River’s loss of her trousers in particular. Good to see more Acolytes but again their sculpts are not very impressive. More maps tiles and dice making too.

Are these add-on options trying to encourage people to upgrade their pledge amounts ?

I’d like to see the rest of the Sin packs showcased.

The forced top down perspective on the map tiles doesn’t quite work in my opinion and I’d prefer to see flatter detailed graphics employed.

Still tempted to go for this.
    I just hope Studio McVey deliver this better than Sedition Wars.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Funny you should mention the top-down perspective. It’s one of my least favorite things about the game, and even in early prototypes had me thinking “seriously? Bleh.” Overall, I’m just not a fan of the aesthetic of the city tiles AT ALL.

As far as Studio McVey goes, they’re only handling the sculpts. They have no part in game design or delivery or anything else which soured many people on Sedition Wars (of which I’m not one. I really like the game). They’re only handling the sculpts.

If CMON have proven anything over the past couple years, it’s that they’re good at delivering Kickstarters, so this should go over well just like their previous projects.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.