Home Forums The Gaming Room Kickstarter miniatures games

This topic contains 244 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar CK Lai 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 229 through 240 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

seems as though CMON nixed the files from BGG. Oh well. 🙁

CK Lai
    Participant

@wonderslug : sorry to hear that. Hopefully, that means CMON has plans to make and sell the dashboards and revamped cards for modern Zombicide.

8th
    Participant

@CK Where did you see a plastic version of the dash board for Eldritch Horror? That game really needs something to organise the bits and as I tend to play solo only need a couple of them (solo better with two characters in my opinion).

And as for CMON card deck holders… I bought two sets for games such as this 🙂

CK Lai
    Participant

@8th : sorry, think you misunderstood my post, or my writing’s horrible. I’ve always been referring to the Zombicide : Black Plague plastic dash board. Never played Eldritch Horror before.

I regret not getting the CMON deck holders now. But I think some are coming my way later this year from the Sword & Sorcery KS 🙂

8th
    Participant

Well, you definitely typed Eldritch Horror dashboard….

CK Lai
    Participant

@8th : mystery solved. ‘Twasn’t me that saw the dashboards. ‘Twas Razide 😀

razide
    Participant

They were e-Raptor Eldritch Horror organisers $23.49 at ozgameshop. They look like two sheets of thick Perspex screwed or riveted together. The top sheet has holes cut to provide a place of the tokens and the equipment cards slot in between the two sheets around the edges as well as a row of them can stand up in a groove along the top edge.

8th
    Participant

Sorry. My mistake. My excuse is I was tired.

They sell them in UK at around £10 each, but limited stock.

Look OK, but still a table hogger. Not sure they’re worth it for how little they help to tidy things.

Eldritch Horror does have a lot of bits.

CK Lai
    Participant

Eldritch Horror is supposed to be Arkham Horror Lite, isn’t it? How does it play?

8th
    Participant

It’s fun, but not quick to play. Set up/pack away is slow due to so many cards and tokens.

Hard part is keeping track of everything.

It’s not that lite to be honest, but I do like it, feels like it has more story than Arkham Horror (I have base game of that, no expansions).

Must be doing something right though, as I have bought every expansion to Eldritch Horror… Just need time to try Pyramids.

CK Lai
    Participant

Thanks for the reply 😉

“It’s fun, but not quick to play. Set up/pack away is slow due to so many cards and tokens.”

Does it have more cards and tokens compared to Descent 2E/Imperial Assault? (These 2 are the only games I have for comparison that use a ton of tokens and cards).

“It’s not that lite to be honest, but I do like it, feels like it has more story than Arkham Horror”

I know it’s a co-op game but if there’s so much to keep track of, is it playable solo? Or too much effort to be worth it?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It’s definitely playable solo. It hangs together better than AH and there’s more of a story because you use a set of cards themed to the Great Old One you’re fighting. Definitely worth getting I reckon.

Viewing 12 posts - 229 through 240 (of 245 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.