Home Forums The Gaming Room Kickstarter miniatures games

This topic contains 244 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar CK Lai 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 241 through 245 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    8th
    Participant

Yep… solo works well, but more than two characters get a bit problematic.

Although there are lots of cards, especially with all the expansions, but a good chunk of them are specific to each of the many great old ones, so you only need one set of cards from them,

It’s the mini-cards for the items, spells, artefacts, curses etc that can be a handful.

CK Lai
    Participant

Thanks, guys. I’ve always wanted a Cthulhu game. I’ll keep an eye on the used board games section for Malaysia 🙂

razide
    Participant

Eldritch Horror seems to flow better than Arkham Horror does. You also feel like your are achieving more rather than bumbling around Arkham.
    Setting up the Mythos deck at for each Old One at the beginning and all the setting up can be a bit tedious but well worth the effort. The focus mechanic introduced in the Forsaken Lore expansion was a good addition and you need it to help with all the snakes and poisoning. Highly recommended.

Played Z:BP intro quest again with attention to the rules for killing abominations and fatties. There were a few early rounds trying to avoid the fatties as they were spawned twice along with the starting one.
    HINT: assign the starting Hammer to one of the four survivors as it is a 2DAM weapon in the beginning otherwise you are searching frantically trying to find something to kill the fatties.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

One thing that I always find difficult with setting up FFG games is the large amount of decks with not-very-descriptive images on their fronts. I keep thinking I should make a one page ‘card reference sheet’ for games such as this, but I suppose the rulebook fulfills that function. But remembering things like which cards are Special Encounter cards, which are Research Encounter cards, and which are Mystery cards is particularly tricky in this game.

CK Lai
    Participant

Nice advice! I’ve put the word out on this Malaysian board games group on FB. Let’s see who responds 🙂

@razide : despite the minis sculpts, give the hammer to Clovis. He gets +1 die to all melee attacks.

I’m currently playing MERCS Recon again. With photos, this time 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 241 through 245 (of 245 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.