Home Forums The Gaming Room Kickstarter miniatures games

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

The Rum & Bones Kickstarter was delivered almost on time and the quality was excellent. I think CMON have got their process working pretty smoothly now.

Participant

WonderSlug, I’ve a sneaking suspicion the the top-down perspective on map tiles was employed simply to differentiate the game from Zombicide franchise.

I too have Sedition Wars and am quite happy with the game itself; less so with the delivery part of the KS.

Z:BlackPlague should be a good test of how well CMoN can deliver a Kickstarter with 20,915 backers to fulfill.

Participant

Dropped out of The Others now. The more I see, the less likely I think I will get to play it. Better to save the money for something that I think I’ll use.

Participant

I’m also of two minds about this: love the sculpts but the actual game play mechanics isn’t quite floating my boat… but the storylines are so cool…

Keymaster

I watched the shorter game video all the way though. The mechanics look fine, more interesting than your average dungeoncrawler. But the video is very downbeat, and they should have had all the players up to speed with the rules before playing. Also the guy on the left, who’s usually very good and full of energy, looks annoyed or upset or hungover or something.

It certainly doesn’t sell the game very well, which is a shame. CMON really should put some more resources into these playthrough videos.

Participant

That could be true. I watched the longer version.

Yeah, you’d think with all the money CMON has made from their Kickstarters, they’d make some good gameplay videos. They put some effort into the WoK tutorial videos. They should do the same with all their games.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Peter, I think that’s Tyler? Yeah. I totally picked up on that too.

He just looked bored, almost like he was grumpy that he had to be there. Didn’t look like he was having fun at all. Not the best way to sell a game.

Keymaster

It was weird, because so far he’s been the most upbeat and interesting ‘CMON personality’.

Participant

Blood Rage should be arriving soon, so my home will be crawling with Norsemen and monsters. Looking forwards to that.

Just had pledge manager for Zombicide Black Plague. Did my best to restrain myself on add-ons, just one guest box as I couldn’t resist Thrudd the Barbarian and friends… bit of nostalgia.

The Others is on its fifth sin,but still 85K away from completing it. They may be pushing their luck on getting all 7 unlocked. I know things go crazy once the 48 hr warning goes out, but I think the seventh sin will be at the million mark and that seems a long way off.

Glad I dropped out of the Others. Really don’t like the miniatures. They make the things from Mansions of Madness and Shadows of Brimstone look pretty.

Keymaster

Yeah, I’m looking forward to Blood Rage too, it’s had some good reviews.

Not really thinking about The Others – I backed it, but then I just forget about it until it arrives!

Participant

Blood Rage has departed german hub and sitting in a warehouse in Oldbury… tick… tock… tick… tock…

MarcellusWallaceMarcellusWallace
    Participant

I’m thinking about backing The Others, too. I really like the horror theme with the sins, the general idea of the different stories and also the miniatures. I don’t like the look of the tiles too much and after watching the gameplay video i’m not really sure about it. It doesn’t really look very engaging and a bit like another dice rolling fest (with which i was disappointed in once i discovered Shadows of Brimstone was one, too). There’s so much luck involved in some turns (looking at that one turn where the vampire hero just died from almost full health because of a fire token and lucky rolls, even though the heroes won in the end). As you guys pointed out, this could just be the impression of a not very well made play through.

Now that I read your opinions I think I’ll just wait another week and if I’m still excited then i might hop on.
    Otherwise i will just wait for Demigods Rising (an awesome looking miniatures game) which i backed a year ago and it looks like they are finally making good progress.

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.