Home Forums The Gaming Room Kickstarter miniatures games

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@ Razide. Yup. Doing the maths just made me realise what this was a real value for money KS here. If they unlock all 7 sins during the KS, we’d effectively have gotten the 5 retail Sins for ‘free’. Even the Apocalypse add-on is worth it, since they will be shipping to Asia from Asia instead of to Asia from the USA like what they did for Z3.

Participant

I’m curious what would happen if they didn’t make all the stretch goals for a Sin.
    Say it only made the Controller, cards & board goal would they just add those or would they throw in the abominations & avatar as well.

With the Sin’s Controller, cards & board you could proxy the rest with existing Sin or some substitute miniatures.

Keymaster

I’d be interested in that too. It’s been a funny campaign. Personally I think the idea of spreading the sins out over the campaign as stretch goals didn’t really work.

Participant

The campaign seems different from other KickStarters in that the stretch goals don’t appear to encourage existing backs to add much to their pledge like other games with expansions and exclusives. Most of the exclusives are added in the KS and not as optional buys so it is relying mainly on new backers coming in the later stages with the big incentive being the extra Sin boxes being free.

Participant

Orcs must Die by Peterson games was limping along towards at end of its campaign , so they unlocked all stretch goals without warning.

Sure I seen that somewhere before too, when a stretch would be incomplete, so they just completed it.

I think it likely that CMON will do the same and complete a sin.

However, during Thunderbirds kickstarter, that question was asked and we we told it would be shipped as partial box, but it didn’t happen.

Participant

It’s an odd KS, this one. But it’s also following the path of another Eric Lang game: Blood Rage.

I think if they hit $1m plus, all 7 Sins will be available for backers, and non-backers will have to buy them retail later on. Which makes me wonder why the hesitation this KS seems to engender in backers? For better or worse, this is a CMON Kickstarter. It’s not like they can’t fulfil their projects, plus freebies more or less on time (Chinese Lunar New Year holidays and port strikes aside).

Makes me wonder if folks are getting KS-weary, CMON-weary (too many KS in 1 year), or this particular theme doesn’t appeal to many people? (The kinda lack-luster gameplay video certainly didn’t help matters).

Participant

Please stop talking about the Others…. I dropped out because I don’t like the miniatures of the villains much and not sure about the gameplay…but…

I see all those miniatures at a bargain prize and ponder throwing them at my players as disturbing RPG monsters…

If I can just resist a few more days…

Keymaster

Join ussssss …..

Participant

or die?

Participant

@The8thPagan: There’s this Kickstarter : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621774283/battle-systemstm-urban-apocalypse-terrain that gives you Urban Art Deco style terrain. Perfect for Hellboy!

Looking at the minis from The Others, can you think of better monsters for Hellboy to face?

I plan to use my Hellboy/BPRD miniatures and the Monsters from The Others, throw in a few home brew rules and … (Oh, and I need to add some high key lights, so you can switch off the room lights and get that Hellboy vibe…)

Joinnnnn usssssssss……..

Participant

Looks good for card. Expensive for a job lot though. Zombicide style game would be good on that.

Participant

It’s not cheap, mind you… but it’ll be even more expensive to get a set-up the traditional way (resin/plastic pre-painted stuff).

Yeah, a lot of folks are getting the terrain for their Zombicide games. It’s perfect. With the ruined walls, etc., it’ll even work for Dust Tactics, Batman etc. Its main advantage is the versatility.

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.