Skip to main content

Home Forums The Gaming Room Kickstarter miniatures games

Viewing 12 posts - 85 through 96 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Phew all 7 Sins in the bag….er box.
    In a moment of weakness I’ve added another 20 for the Men of Faith.

Those wounds tokens look like the ones used in CMoN’s Wrath of Kings videos so I may need to add those as well!

Participant

AAAARGGGHHHH!!!!

Another shiny thing…..

Folklore The Affliction… Co-op RPG Board Game.

Poor wallet. Getting so thin and scrawny!

Maybe I could back out of the Others and back this instead.

Participant

Heh. I backed Folklore earlier but then it was cancelled. Now there’s too many new shinys for me to go back to it… Although it does look much better than V.1.0…

Participant

9K per hour seems optimistic for the Others, but that extra large box would be nice to store it all in.

Looks like Folklore has gone with miniatures to sucker us all in. It works often enough.

Participant

Will the extra large box mean extra large shipping fees since these folks charge either by weight or volume… whichever makes them the most money.

Folklore: yeah. Looks pretty though. If you’re after a co-op RPG without the pretty minis, you might try this (it’s also cheaper):

The KS ended, but the creator is being good about allowing late pledges after the campaign… I’m one of them!

Participant

Thanks, but I did see that one. Wasn’t keen on it. Nothing to do with miniatures.

I think I’m cube-a-phobic. Games that use cubes as token just look cheap and tacky.

Admittedly, the art on the cards is great.

I do have something to about SF/Fantasy heroes and armour sizes (nothing to do with the specific game you mentioned, just in general). Men have chests that are very broad and women have chests that are very… well lets just say that cup sizes don’t start with the first few letters of the alphabet.

Keymaster

Folklore: The Affliction looks very impressive, and you have to admire Greenbrier Games for the big stuff they’re churning out.

I really, really wish they’d pick one name though. Folklore or The Affliction, but for the love of colons, not both… Also, if I must be picky, Lithos is a bad font choice for a supernatural fantasy game. It’s a font for bloody ancient Greek themes, if you must use it!

Apart from that, it looks great, and they’ve certainly upped the quality of their miniatures. Sadly though, I think I just have too many games of this type in my collection to get yet another.

Participant

I’m a sucker for game that can be played solo, as it’s great way to learn the rules.

I was expecting a comment regard to the name… another of your favourite ‘colon’ titles.

Besieged: Sons of the Abyss, The Others: 7 Sins, Zombicide: Black Plague…

Participant

Having doubts again now. 3 hrs to decide (and I need to go to bed soon, so less than that) if I really want the Others.

Doubts about gameplay creeping back in. Not sure it will work with my gaming group.

And if I don’t play, I’m buying just for miniatures and they’re not worth it.

Keymaster

I wrote to Jeff of Greenbrier Games and mentioned the use of Lithos in Folklore: The Affliction was perhaps not the best option. It’s a measure of how nice the guy is that he didn’t tell me to bugger off but instead said there was time to change it. 🙂

Participant

Wow. The Others added almost half a million in the last 48 hrs. Not bad and CMON have run out of stretch goals.

Folklore looks nice, too.

Participant

@ UH: good point about Lithos but I’ve seen it used in non-Greek contexts as well.

Viewing 12 posts - 85 through 96 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.