Home Forums The Gaming Room Kill Team: Rogue Trader

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  8th 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Well…why would you not compare the saved money from a “bundle” (and those boxes are nothing else) to the sum of the single purchases??? It would be the same with the terrain from the KT box…that amount bought separate…from GW…would cost a lot more! And the RT box…as well as the KT box…would still hold up great against any pricing of anything near the same content on the entire market! I said that elsewhere…GW has horrible pricing with a loooot of stuff…but their big boxes are great value all around. Hook and sinker for cheap 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I guess you’re thinking of the prices you can get it for where you are Soulsorcerer. Here KT:RT is NZD$210. That’s what I’d expect to pay for the core set of Kill Team and I did, but for me, it’s too much for what you get in RT.

I guess I just meant that GW stuff is the most expensive in the game industry, and when I see people writing things like, for example “you can save $20 if you buy 2 titans this way” when those titans are $190 each; or “this bundle of units saves $30”, when one of the single 32mm plastic figures sells for $55, it all seems, well … relative. 🙂

8th
    Participant

All things are relative.

I paid the same for Kill Team as I did Roger Trader.

Prices for property in London are ridiculous compared to where I live.

Beer prices in Norway are ridiculous.

What my parents paid for their first house is less than I spend on board games in a year.

$210 NZ converts to more than I paid for Kill Team, but without knowing the ‘cost of living’ or average salary in New Zealand it’s difficult to judge if you were overcharged or not.

In the end it boils down what you perceive as value for money. I don’t feel ripped off buying Rogue Trader, but I do feel I got a bargain with Kill Team for the terrain and other bits and pieces.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Notwithstanding the price of beer in Norway, I personally find it too much to pay for what you get. But since there are obviously many people who find it good value, I don’t think GW will be changing their pricing structures for my benefit any time soon!

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

We are on the same page here…price is relative. But you make a strange argument that seams to be centered around what you like or dislike. For you the terrain bundle was worth the price….the minis bundle is not. Someone who values minis more then terrain would say the exact opposite. But to me there is a difference between a “rip-off” and “its not worth it for me”.

The NZD price here is about 185….but I do not see the relevance of that…you would compare prices in the same region…anything else would be nonsens. You would compare the bundle in KT with the single prices and make the same with RT.
    If you would not buy the singles the discount in the bundle would not change that at all…regardless of terrain or minis.

And to make that clear…I will not buy any of those…because they both have no use/value for me.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Guys, really, I’m not trying convince anyone. 🙂 It is obviously a personal thing. I know the value of $210 in NZ, and I know the value of GW stuff to me, and to me – just me – I think they’re over the line of what I would consider to pay, and there was much more for your dollar in the core box than this expansion, yet they’re the same price. That’s all. Just my take on it. No one has to agree! Happy times! Yay! 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

So…to follow up on the “Let me know if there are any problems” threat…first…I do not feel offended in any way and had/have no intentions to do so to others. Its just simple curiosity and wanting to understand better. To be honest…I was a bit at a loss with this threat regarding the outcome and have no idea why this threat seams to have become a kind of “talk past each other”.

I will simplify the threat from my point of view: Thesis that I read “RT=rip-off”. My point was “personal preference does not make it a rip-off”. Another topic is brought up..GW prices in general. Ignoring that would be impolite so I respond. Another topic is brought up…now its prices compared to regional costs. Ignoring that would be impolite so I respond. None of those had to do with “personal value does not make it a rip-off”. Back to personal value…we actually agree on value is relative and personal and that the price is not worth it for you…which was said numeral times…but my point that personal value does not make it a rip-off seams to be ignored….so it reads like we don´t agree…I am at a loss.

Is this a language thing…did I misunderstand something…or was my point unclear? Is rip-off not really meant literally but as more of an amplifier to the personal value part? Maybe understanding this better helps me to discuss things in a different language better…so thanks in advance for your time.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

There hasn’t been any problem, and your English is excellent – I had no idea you weren’t a native speaker. I just wanted to make it absolutely clear that I wasn’t making some kind of blanket statement, and that I agreed that everyone has their own idea of what’s good value and what wasn’t. Due to one response that is now gone, I got the message that I was coming across as telling everyone what to think, instead of just having a general whinge that people could happily agree or disagree with.

You’re right, perhaps Australians use expressions like ‘rip-off’ a bit too freely. A lot of us are descended from convicts and we don’t mince words! 🙂

It’s all good! 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Ha…that “descended from convicts”…now its all clear! 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

There was a horse thief and axe murderer on my mother’s side! We’re all proud of him. 🙂

8th
    Participant

If I mentioned ‘convicts’, ‘descended’ and ‘australians’ in the same sentence it would be racist.

And I dare not comment on Becca Scott with her ‘How to play Nightvault’ video….

Universal Head
    Keymaster

8thPagan, can I ask you to please stop making snide comments about your perceived lack of free speech on this forum. You’ve made your point repeatedly. Enough, please. I’ve given everyone a place to air their grievances if they have any, and everyone else seems happy. If you don’t like it here you’re welcome to go elsewhere.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.