Home Forums The Gaming Room Kill Team

This topic contains 43 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 19 hours, 4 minutes ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 37 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

Kill Team Rogue Trader arrived… there are some nasty character models in there…

Very easy to assemble as most are 2-3 pieces.

Edit: Just been skimming the rules on Commanders and noticed a mention of a forthcoming expansion… Kill Team Commanders… which presumably allows the other kill teams to employ commanders too.

YellowSign
    YellowSign
    Participant

Hello Peter,

Any thoughts about a Kill Team reference sheet anytime in the near future? As someone who could never get into the game proper, but have enjoyed Space Hulk and other box sets, I think this might be just what i was looking for in a skirmish game.

Plus I want an excuse to put Skitarri on the table.

Thanks!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hi. Unfortunately I can’t do current Games Workshop games (and even doing some of the old ones is a bit risky). They don’t make their rules available as PDFs (except for the basic Age of Sigmar rules), and they’d probably set their lawyers on me if I made a rules summary or reference for Kill Team. Which would really ruin the fun around here for everyone.

Kill Team is basically just the usual GW games system with a few tweaks and a bit more alternating activation. You know, the old roll to hit, roll to wound, roll to save system. I haven’t roadtested it yet but it’s pretty similar to Necromunda.

Dustin
    Dustin
    Participant

I hear Kill Team is more streamlined than Necromunda. I am so tempted to get one of the two, but now I am not sure which to get.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I haven’t played Kill Team yet, but they’re pretty similar, though KT has some alternate activation in some of the phases and while things like injury rolling are simpler, some things like reacting to charges adds a bit of complexity.

Necromunda is for fighting with those themed gangs, KT is for teams of members of the various W40K factions.

Also the Necromunda core box doesn’t give you 3D terrain (apart from some barricades and such), whereas KT does.

It will be interesting to actually play KT and see how the system feels. When I do I’ll have more info.

Dustin
    Dustin
    Participant

Awesome! I cant wait to hear what you think, and which of the two you enjoy more, once you play!

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Commanders releases tomorrow (Oct 20), and will essentially allow the “HQ” units from full scale 40k to be brought into special scenarios of Kill Team.

They’ll be an optional rule / setup, and will not change the core Kill Team experience unless both players agree to field them prior to the game, and even then the missions will be specifically designed for them.

I’m excited for it, as it’ll finally give me a reason to play with the cool character models I bought for my Death Guard, but never had a good reason to bring to the table.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hope it’s good, but unfortunately it’s way too pricey for me. NZ$100 for a softback book, some cards and a small counter sheet!

Viewing 8 posts - 37 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.