Home Forums The Gaming Room Latest Acquisitions and Coming Soon

Viewing 4 posts - 13 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

You’re welcome Roy. I’ve seen things you wouldn’t believe …

Participant

I have been helping Mantic with their packing – perks of living near to Nottingham. I really want mantic to succeed – they have piqued my interest in a way I never thought I’d see again. Ronnies lack of attention to detail worries me though.They seem to be spending loads on postage of various waves of various games due to lack of planning/organisation of the shipping department. The fact they charge such a low amount for shipping around the world is a worry too. Courier shipping to Singapore, for example, costs them over $100. If you have to do that twice for two separate DZ packages you are making a loss.
    This rush to get MA out is another example. Two waves will kill their profit and also alienate those who have to wait. They clearly wanted to be able to say the MA KS only started shipping 8 weeks late. They should have waited until it was all in. I personally was prepared to wait a few more weeks.

Keymaster

I can see their hearts are in the right place, but the attention to detail is vital if you don’t want to alienate gamers – and there’s a lot of competition out there. For example, not putting an extra sprue of connectors in the Deadzone box was a silly and annoying decision. As was not matching the photos of the figures on the box to the contents, and some of the casting issues – having a casting line go horizontally against a billowing cloak or across a face is just not on.

Sounds like they need to employ a few good experienced production and fulfilment managers. Really, there’s no excuse for still getting these basics wrong after several campaigns.

roy battyroy batty
    Participant

Thanks for the update Fred.

I had an email today telling me that the shipping should be completed by mid-November, so I’ll just keep on waiting for that confirmation e-mail!

Totally agree with you on those points, UH. Attention to detail is what separates the short term successes and long term business growth.

D

Viewing 4 posts - 13 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.