Home Forums The Smoking Room Let me know if there are any problems

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It’s come to my attention that there’s the possibility that my communication style in these forums may occasionally be a little, well, proclamatory. 🙂 As in when I comment about GW’s prices or somesuch.

In my defence, it’s really just the no-nonsense, Australian way I talk sometimes. I assume we all understand that anything I say is just my own opinion, but while I’m happy to discuss any subject in passionate defence of my own principles – I love a good rant – I wouldn’t want anyone to think I shut any reasonable person down or made them feel unwelcome here. This is intended to be a place where people who love games can come to chat about games (or anything else they fancy if they want).

Of course, like in all things, there are some rules. It is my forum, I pay for it and maintain it, and I will not tolerate comments of a racist, sexist, or discriminatory nature. Sorry, that’s just how it is. If you want to hold such opinions there’s an unfortunate wealth of places on the internet you can express yourself, but not here.

If anyone has any issues with the way I communicate or the way the EOG is run, please let me know here and I will try to respond in an even-handed and reasonable manner. Cheers and happy gaming fellow gamers! 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

First things first: Thank you again for running this lovely little corner of the http://www…I do like it here 🙂

Personally I have no problem at all with no-nonsense communication and welcome the rules you have outlined for your forum! Hope none such things have come up here you had to deal with.

I would like to take this opportunity to discuss a little the possible differences in culture/language/personality regarding discussions. And as part of the said GW thread I will do that there 🙂

Tangram11
    Tangram11
    Participant

No issues. There’s a huge difference between “direct” and “rude”, and so much room for ambiguous interpretation in the middle

If anyone is ever in doubt they should either openly, or via PM, ask for clarification of the intent. Just like in real life.

Cheers,
    – T

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Indeed. 🙂

8th
    Participant

Good bye.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@UH Silly question…but how exactly do we pm on this forum? 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That’s a good question Soulsorcerer! Err … ummm … hmmm, it seems that you can’t PM out of the box in BBPress. I’d have to install BuddyPress which is a whole new and complex system with a lot of functionality I don’t currently need.

You can always contact me via the contact form of course, but for now, I’m afraid there’s no way to PM between members. Sorry about that!

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Never change a running system 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Glad you understand! Everytime there’s an update to the WooCommerce plgins I’m filled with fear! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.