Home Forums The Reception Hall Login Button: Only on forum page?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by WonderSlug WonderSlug 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Sooooooo, I wanted to reply to the Kemet insert post and something caught me off guard. From the “reply” section at the bottom, I could not find anything to click to log into the site. There was the instruction “fill out the information below or log in to reply,” but no button to actually log in. Am I being dense?

To log in, I jumped over the the forums, then backtracked to the Kemet post. Is there a more efficient way to do this that I missed?

Thanks!

MarcellusWallace
    MarcellusWallace
    Participant

I was just wondering about that, too. Although i was looking for a way to log out. I don’t know of any other way. But it would certainly be convenient to have one somewhere near the comment section.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Correct me if I’m wrong guys, but aren’t the login and logout always at the top of the right-hand column?

MarcellusWallace
    MarcellusWallace
    Participant

I shall correct you then. The login and logout are only in the top right-hand column in the forum section. Not on the main page and no in any artice. There, in the right-hand column are “Recent articles” and “Games in this article” and on the very top all the different share icons. Not a trace of login or logout though.

When you write a comment you can actually write your email and name there but i don’t think that’s a login. You can also login with the small symbols there but those are facebook, twitter and so on.

Correct me if i have overseen anything.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Oooooooh, I get it. You mean throughout the rest of the site! I see, sorry.

I was under the impression that the forum login is separate from the rest of the site, but I suppose it’s using the the same WordPress sign up system so it would make sense to be able to login to comment on articles and game pages using that login. But I think that starts to require the use of something like BuddyPress, which is a more site-wide community system.

Getting a bit complicated, but I’ll look into it. I was taking small steps by just concentrating on the forums at this stage.

Bear with me – to paraphrase Bones, I’m a designer not a programmer …

MarcellusWallace
    MarcellusWallace
    Participant

It’s not a big deal. It would just be convenient to be able to do it instead of switching to the forums, login, switch back to comment.

And i must say, i prefer this captcha system to all those others with obscure numbers and letters you have to identify.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ve added a login/register to the article pages sidebar. I don’t know how to integrate it with the comments area at this stage, but at least it’s easier to access if necessary.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

That works! Thanks

Ok, now for the uber picky me to come out and play. Any chance it could be added to the TOP of the right column instead of the bottom, so it’s in the same place as on the forums? Simply for consistency’s sake, nothing more.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I appreciate the need for consistency, but I’m thinking I don’t really want it to be the first feature of the sidebar on the article pages, as not all visitors will want or need to login.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Roger that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.