Home Forums The Gaming Room Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers…….Heroscape 2.0?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

briscoe999
    Participant

Did anybody pick this up yet? It is supposedly somewhat of a spiritual successor to Heroscape that is set in the “Magic” world. I got into Heroscape very late (after it ended) – but i find it to be a very, very enjoyable skirmish miniatures game that is very customizable (Super Heroes Scape, Star Wars Scape, LOTR Scape, etc).
    I haven’t yet, but i am going to pick this game up and give it a try, as it runs on the basic Heroscape mechanics with “spell” cards being added for the Planeswalkers. The $30 price is very reasonable for what you seem to get.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this one?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Looks like a cheap reskin of Heroscape, sadly. Can’t see any reason to buy into it if you have that game. But let us know what you think!

briscoe999
    Participant

Yes, i know what you are saying about it being “cheap” (with the thick cardboard hex mats instead of all interlocking plastic pieces – semi-cheap….but a much, much faster setup and breakdown than HS). But i think it is worth giving it a shot. At least the (5) planeswalkers are pre-painted (which is a rarity these days); and 2 of the 5 colors of the minions are “translucent” (which is a great alternative to pre-painted).

I will definitely let you know what i think after i try it out!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Michael Barnes gave this game a rave review. I may have to have a look at it after all!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.