Home Forums The Gaming Room Mansions Of More Madness

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve seen it for pre-order here at $150-$165AUD.
    That is a substantial increase over the 1st ed box but I expect it would be played more often than the the 1st.

Participant

Third time around I complete the Cycle of Eternity adventure. Was a close call and both investigators were insane, but even with the insanity cards they had, they still managed to achieve personal win conditions.

Few bugs in the text and the save function doesn’t work correctly on steam apparently, but that’s no surprise.

Different monsters in every play through and the map different too, although some locations repeat for plot reasons (but often with a variant tile).

First multiplayer game tomorrow.

One tip… make sure you have a good rating in Lore if you expect to be the one solving puzzles. Dexter Drake (Forbidden Alchemy) and Agatha Crane (2nd edition) are the only ones with Lore 5, but 8 (if you have all 1st edition too) have Lore 4.

I look forward to the challenge of other scenarios, but may wait until save game is fixed.

Participant

Did have a game sunday with three players and it seems to me that monsters get tougher with more players, but that was main difference.

Big problem is the buggy software. When a character gets wounded a second time, you’re supposed to select ‘Eliminate Investigator’ which I did.

This gives rest of party one turn to win, or you all lose.

A message popped up to say just that, but then it went straight to ‘lost text’ and game over. We were going to fail anyway, but there are apparently crash bugs in other scenarios.

They need to fix this soon, especially as save bugged too, so you have to complete in a single session.

Ruins an otherwise excellent game.

UthorocUthoroc

I picked it up at GenCon and will hopefully get to play a game soon. From comments on BGG I’m fairly confident bugs in the Steam version have been fixed in update 1.0.2.

Participant

Downloaded already. Might be weekend before I get chance to try again.

Participant

First edition tiles and miniatures are being released as two packs with a scenario tied to each (free download, so dedicated 1st ed players don’t miss out.

Box 1 is core set and box 2 contains Forbidden Alchemy and Call of the Wild.

Each box will be $50, making it a 200 buy in for everything for newbies.

Keymaster

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/12/a-horror-without-end/

Look at those figures in the 2nd Edition set. They are worse than toys, it’s embarrassing. Who sculpted them, a ten year old with some play doh?

Participant

The only second edition there are the painted ones at the end (which are not well painted). Rest are from 1st edition expansions.

Played another adventure solo. Forget the name, difficulty 3 and 4-6 hour game time. Did it solo in 3.5 hrs but lost in the ritual phase (insanity).

Too much investigation in that one. Four phases (one per day) of investigation to deduce villains and location (which I did do) and then one very tough combat where I really needed at least one more investigator to disrupt the ritual while the others held off monsters.

Keymaster

Yep, I meant the ones at the end. Even with the poor painting aside, they’re incredibly amateurish minis.

Participant

Picked up the BIG BIG box last week. Seems to be designed to allow for the figures to stand upright inside.
    Now just need to make a customer box insert to hold those small cards and tokens so I can start playing without much set up.

Started doing the recommended first scenario. Good fun so far but had top pack it away after taking photos of the board and investigator status. Noticed my game had a different entrance lobby tile selected to the one in two video play throughs but the other close attached rooms appeared so far.

The app seems to have assigned the monsters an extra health point compared to their card stats in the couple of combats so far. Also the app seems to only cater for the two 1st ed box expansions and not the five(?) little POD expansions.

The investigator figures look a bit crude compared to those of recent CMoN ones.

Keymaster

I reckon the MoM miniatures are the worst FFG has ever put in a boardgame. They must have got some cheap Chinese place to make them all when they were pre-painted and sold in big mail-order-only sets for Arkham Horror, and perhaps they’ve been getting rid of the stock ever since. They’re certainly not up to today’s standards and I’m surprised more people don’t whinge about them.

Participant

In perhaps six play through, with two, three or four investigators I found that extra investigators added an odd monster here and there, but mostly the monsters just had more health (scaling to party size).

Maps always changed for me (I have all big box first edition). Rooms related to plot remain, but location changes.

POD don’t include tiles or miniatures, so not in second edition.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.