Home Forums The Gaming Room Mansions Of More Madness

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Much better. The fact that the bases weren’t redesigned for the new edition, even though they were obsolete, just goes to prove that there was a lot of excess stock of these minis that had to be gotten rid of. Or perhaps I’m being too cynical and it was all about compatibility for owners of the old edition …

Is that just super-glued on? Does the super glue ‘cloud’ the clear acrylic base?

Silly miniature. “Hi, I’m Simon, I’ll be your zombie for this evening …”

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

“Hi, I’m Simon, I’ll be your zombie for this evening …” LOL exactly!

So far, no clouding. I’ve only done one so far and I’m going to let it sit for a day before doing any others. This “Simon” is my tester. Shit…now I’m going to have to try real hard not to say “Spawn a Simon in this space. Move this Simon 2 spaces toward the nearest investigator.”

I have a different epoxy on the way, should be delivered Mon-Tues. It’s Craftics #33 Thick Acrylic Cement. Supposed to dry with a semi flexible bond that’s good for this type of “shitty” mini. Also, supposed to not cloud, but we’ll see. I just found myself with some free time tonight and wanted to see what super glue would do.

Keymaster

Keep us posted … Simon.

Participant

I have kept my MoM on the clunky squares as I have written off playing first edition completely and may need then different monster cards.

Those clear plastic bases do look good though.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

I also not written off playing 1st edition. In fact, I hear lots of good things about some of the latter scenarios they released via print on demand.

My solution will be to simply place a random monster token (the thing that slots into the big clunky shitty base) under each monster as they spawn.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Quick update on the Simons, err, I mean zombies…

Just a tiny bit of clouding around the feet, but nothing I can’t live with. Still a million times better than the stock bases, which I’ve now thrown in the garbage, and the garbage man has taken them away, so there’s no turning back. 😉

zombie clouding

I did have issue with the super glue bond being very weak for these bases though. Nothing a little pinning can’t fix though. The bases take a drill very cleanly, but I’m concerned with the thickness of some of the other figures in the game for taking a drill/pin, witches in particular. Perhaps the acrylic epoxy will solve the problem for me on those.

zombie pinning

Participant

Mansions of Madness App updated to include the 2e expansion packs of tiles and miniatures.

Also includes two new scenarios to use those components and the 1st edition materials.

Participant

Noticed the local shop has the two expansions in now. Wow $85AUD each for the 1st ed & 1st box expansions of tiles and figures which would double the cost of MoMII is starting from scratch. Considering low long these have been out previously the price really does seem excessive especially when compare to the new Dead of Winter box at $100 which feels much more pack full of stuff.

Does FFG has any plans for adding those small 1st ed print on demand expansions ? They should only be a software update or addition to the game or have they already been factored into the App !

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Yeah. I would hope they release the POD expansions to the app. I can’t imagine it would be too difficult to translate to the new format. After all, they were just cards, and that’s 100% what the app replaces.

As for the expansions…I’m more than a little glad I tracked down the first edition materials when I did, based on the reviews I’ve heard about the newly released “1st edition” stuff.

Complaints about miniature quality are already coming in on BGG, even stating that the investigator minis are poorer quality, similar to those found in 2nd edition.

I’m really disappointed in how FFG has executed this product release. They had a chance to bring this great IP face lifted to a new generation of gamer, and while the app itself is a great innovation, the mini production sours the whole experience.

Keymaster

Our new Asmodee overlords must have their profit!

Participant

I do get a bad feeling about Asmodee… a suspicion that FFG customer service will drop in quality now they have an overlord.

Asmodee are to gaming, what Disney are to movies…

Participant

Although I haven’t tried all of the scenarios in Mansions of Madness 2e, there will be more and that’s always good. Hopefully some shorter ones as it’s a long game for the most part.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/11/beyond-the-threshold/

The new expansion has two new investigators, one new creature, various other bits (cards mostly I’m guessing, gear, spells etc, which will add variety) and two more adventures.

Looks like a small box expansion, which fits their format for boardgames of game, small box, big box… etc.

A downloadable adventure also mentioned for winter and this I suspect will be an in app purchase, but it could be free…

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.