Home Forums The Gaming Room Marvel Crisis Protocol

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Soulsorcerer Soulsorcerer 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Been thinking about starting out on a skirmish-mini game for a while now, but nothing really caught my fancy yet, until Atomic Mass Games unveiled Marvel Crisis Protocol. The models are 40 mm and look great and from what I have read of the rules on their webpage, the system allows for a lot of superhero fancy actions and synergy between characters. So I decided to pre-order the base-game, the playmat, the extra scenery plus Hulk and M.O.D.O.K.
    The game will be out in november and from what I hear they are planning on bringing out new models every two months. December will bring us Black Panther/Killmonger, Shuri/Okoye and Venom.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It looks very professional, but for some reason I just can’t get excited about superheroes as a tabletop gaming theme. Which is strange considering how happily I embrace fantasy and science fiction.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

I’ve actually been hoping for a hobby-game like this. I had been looking at the GW skirmish-games, but I have never been a huge fan of Warhammer or 40K, or Games Workshop for that matter. This game, however, is right up my alley. Plus the developers have a decent amount of experience working for Privateer Press.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

First game down. Once more the Galaxy has been made safe from the forces of chaos. A terrorist base on Hoth was destroyed by valiant Imperial forces. Minor damage to the planetary system could not be avoided and is a small price to pay for law and order in the Empire. A special award goes to Imperial Counter Intelligence under Colonel Yularen who thwarted plot after sinister plot of the so-called Rebel Alliance. Long live the Emperor!

Wrong thread.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Maybe I am getting picky with so many other miniature games I own…but I really think that the poses are disappointing. What foot is in front and which arm is pointing forward seams to be the only..and boring…difference in posing!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.